* Vision: Pray and run as a team until we Cross the finish line that ends abortion. LIFE Runners Creed.
* Mission: LIFE Group Devotions members who pray, raise funds, and run…All In Christ for Pro-Life!
* Values: Keep the Faith, Respect Life from Conception to Natural Death, Run so as to Win.
SignUp for 2013 Team: A-Cross the Country Relay for Pro-Life (13 Feb to 24 Mar) — March for Life 5K (8am, 26 Jan, DC) — Black Hills 1mi/5K/half/full Marathon (6 Oct) — Represent at other races.
2012 Team: Photos. Video. 491 runners/walkers, ages 5 to 73, in 36 states and 3 foreign countries (30 chapters): AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, Canada, Singapore, Turkey. 252 LIFE Runners from 24 states did 21 Oct St. Louis races: mile (22), 5K (86), half (103) and full (41) marathon. Raised $52,000 for Pro-Life beneficiaries.
2012 St. Louis SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (20-21 Oct): Info packet. flyer.
* Expo & Packet Pickup: www.runrocknroll.competitor.com/st-louis/expo.
* Cathedral-Basilica Mass & Rosary procession to abortion mill: 8 am to 10 am, 20 Oct. All welcome!
* Beneficiaries talk, tour Cathedral-Basilica & ThriVe bus, make cheer signs: 10 am to 11:30 am, 20 Oct, Boland Hall.
* St. Joseph Radio for EWTN interview (186 stations): noon to 1pm, 20 Oct, St. Charles (all invited).
* Stand Up for Religious Freedom (nationwide): noon to 1pm, 20 Oct, Old Courthouse (11 N. 4th St).
* National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows tour: 2 to 3 pm, 20 Oct, Belleville, IL.
* Team photo: 4:30 pm, 20 Oct, steps of Cathedral-Basilica. Wear LIFE Runners gear.
* Mass at Cathedral-Basilica: 5 pm, 20 Oct, concelebrated with Bishop Paprocki, Bishop Rice, and other LIFE Runner Priests (Msgr Myler, Fr. Plow, Fr. Bertrand, Fr. Totton, Fr. Bauer, Fr. Willenborg). All welcome!
* Free Pre-race Pasta Banquet (sponsored by Knights): limited to first 450 to fill out Sign Up for St. Louis races, 6 pm, 20 Oct, Cathedral-Basilica, Boland Hall. Speaker is LIFE Runner Bishop Rice.
* Races (21 Oct): 7:00 am half/full, 11:30am 1mi/5K in Forest Park (5595 Grand Dr, Free Sign Up).
* Starting Line Prayer & Photos (21 Oct): 6:30 am, Peabody Opera House outside, Rob Rysavy reflection, Bishop Paprocki blessing.
* Team Celebration (21 Oct) at finish area of 11:30am 1 mi/5K in Forest Park (5595 Grand Dr)…cheers for Life!
PREP: fill out 2012 team Sign Up form to get set up for updates, devotions, roster, jersey.
* Jersey/Gear: LIFE Runners logo on front and “REMEMBER The Unborn Jer 1:5” on back (order info).
* Join a local LIFE Runners Chapter: only need 5 local runners to start one. Team up for monthly group runs, local races, and Pro-Life events.
* Fundraising (14 Aug to 14 Oct): Info. Annual commitment to raise/contribute $250 towards Pro-Life beneficiaries (just a goal for students).
* Training: half schedule (30 Jul) and full schedule (18 Jun). For injury prevention and improvement, do stretching and strengthening after every run. St. Louis has hills, so include hills in your training.
Your teammate In Christ for Life,
coach Pat Castle
Intro, FB, Heb 12:1, ph.d.
LIFE Group president
LIFE Runners…from start (conception) to natural finish!
LIFE Runners…we pray & run for Their Lives!
LIFE Runners…”REMEMBER The Unborn, Jer 1:5″
LIFE Runners…we run so others may crawl!
LIFE Runners…protecting, healing, celebrating Life!
* “The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare.” ~ Ikangaa
* Abortion reality (images): #1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
* “Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus.” ~ Heb 12:1-2
* High five = “do…whatever…[Christ]…tells…you!” John 2:5.