Our fundraising efforts spread awareness, save mothers heartache, save children’s lives, and give others an opportunity to be part of this mission – All In Christ for Pro-Life! “I don’t like asking people to give money; but, I have found that people are willing to do just that for this cause – amazing.”.A
Annual Teamwork: Adult LIFE Runners are encouraged to raise/contribute at least $262 annually to help our life-saving Team grow A-Cross America and around the world (1 Cor 3:6). LIFE Runners donations can be given online or mailed to our finance officer: Scott Casmer, 3639 Oak Meadow Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80920.
“I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow.” ~ 1 Cor 3:6
Why donate to LIFE Runners? The LIFE Runners jersey is so powerful for bringing a positive Pro-Life message to places in our culture that can’t be reached easily by other media (schools, churches, grocery story, work, races). Our “REMEMBER The Unborn” jersey message keeps the issue top of mind and starts conversations, changing hearts/minds for saving lives. LIFE Runners bring abortion vulnerable women to help at pregnancy help centers. LIFE Runners help prevent abortion and provide a healing community for post-abortion mothers, fathers, and families. LIFE Runners provide such a positive way to put your Pro-Life faith in action and save lives!
“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us persevere in running the race set before us…with our eyes fixed on Jesus.” ~ Heb 12:1-2
Funding needs for growth (1 Cor 3:6)
* Admin: new website, Devotions delivery, Facebook marketing, annual newsletter.
* Chapters: marketing materials, youth chapter jerseys, leaders retreat/training
* Booths: marathon expos, NCYC.
* Pregnancy help centers: sponsor 5K’s with LIFE Runners gear.
* Phone app: log time in jersey and make it a friendly competition between teammates and chapters.
* LIFE Runners Devotions book: for pregnancy help centers, teammates, Pro-Life community building.
* Communications: paid position for connecting and growing team. LIFE Runners has no paid positions.
Guidance: Set up Razoo fundraising page for LIFE Runners (example). Tech support at (866)437-1952.
* For best results, email your fundraising page link to individuals (not group email) with a personal invitation to be part of our life-saving mission. Ask family/friends to be a sponsor at one of these levels: 5K ($31), 10K ($62), 13.1mi ($131), 26.2mi ($262), 50K ($500), 100K ($1,000).
* Make a sacrificial donation on your page – lead by example. Set a big goal and ask sponsors to give big.
* Ask sponsors to pray for our mission and ask them for prayer requests to lift up during running time…prayer changes things! Invite your sponsors to sign up to be LIFE Runners and receive our weekday morning Devotions.
* Speak at church and with Pro-Life groups for recruiting LIFE Runners and donations. Ask your local Knight of Columbus Council to sponsor you for $1,000. Go door to door.
* 2014 (3,002 teammates): all volunteer leadership no longer able to track all the individual fundraising with over 3,000 teammates.
* 2013 (1,791 teammates): exceeded $100,000 goal for local and national Pro-Life beneficiaries. Sioux Falls Alpha Center (mobile medical center), Rapid City Care Net (ultrasound), and Vitae Foundation (mass media) reported $57,000 received. Team survey confirmed funds contributed to other Pro-Life beneficiaries that brought us over $100,000 goal.
* 2012 (491 teammates): raised $52,000 for St. Louis ThriVe mobile medical center, St. Louis Good Shepherd (for keeping families together), Sioux Falls Alpha Center mobile medical center, Other (Vitae Foundation, Project Rachel, etc).
* 2011 (170 teammates): raised $35,000 for Sioux Falls Alpha Center mobile medical center ($25,000) and Kansas City Wyandotte mobile medical center (over $10,000).
* 2010 (17 teammates): raised $7,000 for Sioux Falls Alpha Center mobile medical center.
* 2009 (13 teammates): raised $2,100 to help A Woman’s Answer (Gainsville, FL) get an ultrasound through the Knights of Columbus program.
* 2008 (13 teammates): teammates contributed to these Pro-Life ministries, raising over $4,000: Alpha Center (SD), Arbor House (FL), Elizabeth New Life Center (OH), Old Colorado City Pregnancy Center, Project Rachel (national).