* Submit your devotion here.
Upcoming: Dr. Rich Reich (13 Jan), Pastor Don Bird (14 Jan), Dr. John Sturm (15 Jan), Jennifer Schmidt (16 Jan), Dr. Jeff Pauls (19 Jan), Amy Kosta (20 Jan), Rob Rysavy (21 Jan), Mary Ellen Hoffman (22 Jan), Brandon McAuliffe (23 Jan), Stephen Holinaty (26 Jan), Melissa Ohden (27 Jan), Kevin McNicholas (28 Jan), Chris Talley (29 Jan), Scott Casmer (30 Jan), Dr. Rich Reich (2 Feb), Anne Carmichael (3 Feb), Shane Kapler (4 Feb), Ed Heigl (5 Feb), Jeff Grabosky (6 Feb), Pastor Rick Foreman (9 Feb), Kathy Forck (10 Feb), Peggy Bowes (11 Feb), Joshua Bachman (12 Feb), Rob Rysavy (13 Feb), Sara Beaner (16 Feb), Stephen Schmidt (17 Feb), Bill Pauls (18 Feb), Fr. James Dean (19 Feb), Matt Laugeman (20 Feb), Bonnie Sabin (23 Feb), Dr. Rich Reich (24 Feb), Diane Overmann (25 Feb), Lisa Skowron (26 Feb), Franz Chenet (27 Feb), Fr. Jonathan St. Andre (2 Mar), Alice Chapman (3 Mar), Kevin McNicholas (4 Mar), Abby Johnson (5 Mar), Dr. Pat Castle (6 Mar), Rob Rysavy (9 Mar), Stacey Wollman (10 Mar), Jimmy Mack (11 Mar), Dr. Jeff Pauls (12 Mar), Shane Kapler (13 Mar), Dr. Rich Reich (16 Mar), Pastor Steve Selfridge (17 Mar), Dr. Kevin Vost (18 Mar), Paul Westendorf (19 Mar), Sharla Cloutier (20 Mar), Paula Parmalee (23 Mar), Lindsey Bachman (24 Mar), Jimmy Mack (25 Mar), Dr. Rich Reich (26 Mar), Pastor Don Bird (27 Mar), Dr. John Sturm (30 Mar), Jennifer Schmidt (31 Mar).
Guidance: Please email your devotion to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one month before assigned day (examples). LIFE Runners Devotions has over 170 guest authors, including many priests, pastors, and Pro-Life ministry leaders. The devotions are delivered to thousands of readers by email and Facebook. From the Bible readings for assigned day, select a verse for your one paragraph (125-250 words) Reflection that includes a Pro-Life thread. Add a 1-2 sentence Faith Challenge and a Faith Quote, both related to your Reflection. Include a 2-3 sentence bio statement about yourself (family, ministry, job) for Reflection footnote, and your favorite verse for signature block. Your bio statement will be archived on the guest authors page.
* Bobby Aborn is the youth conference associate director for the Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH.
* Tess Allman is an elementary school speech-language pathologist in Gladstone, MO. She is active in her parish’s youth ministry and her city-wide Catholic young adult group, and she is the Vice President for Vocations of the North Kansas City Serra Club.
* Pavel Arestov is a Russian-born American stationed at Ellsworth AFB in Rapid City, SD. He serves as a teen minister.
* John Audino is recent graduate of Ave Maria University from Clifton Park, NY. John is a contributing writer for Catholics Called to Witness.
* Joshua Bachman and his wife Lindsey are attorney’s in St. Joseph, MO. They lead the Kansas City LIFE Runners chapter.
* Lindsey Bachman is an attorney. She lives in St. Joseph, MO with her LIFE Runner husband Joshua, who is also an attorney. Lindsey serves on the LIFE Runners advisory board and leads the KC LIFE Runners chapter.
* Dale Bartscher is married to Jan, has two grown children, a son-in-law and grandchildren. Dale serves as the Executive Director of the Family Heritage Alliance of South Dakota which champions our cherished values of Faith, Family and Freedom.
* Sara Beaner is the mother of 10 children (3 in Heaven due to miscarriage). She home schools her children. Sara is active at the St. Joseph Cathedral in Sioux Falls, SD and restores statues for churches.
* Travis Benson and his wife Kelly are the co-directors of the Office of Marriage, Family, & Respect Life and lobbyists for the Diocese of Sioux Falls. They have been blessed with 3 daughters and 2 sons.
* Rosemary Bernth wrote the first LIFE Runners article for the Diocese of Sioux City’s newspaper The Catholic Globe and is now a writing/travel graduate student at Chatham University in Pittsburgh, PA.
* Fr. Vince Bertrand is a canon lawyer and chaplain of the Springfield, MO chapter. He has been active in the pro-life movement since founding a Life Advocates organization at Missouri State University in the 1970s, and has served on the board of the National Youth Pro-Life Coalition. He is director of the international organization Marian Advocates for Life which promotes the praying of the Respect Life Rosary.
* Pastor Don Bird is the Lead Pastor at Hope United Methodist Church in Greenwood Village, CO. He lives in Aurora, CO with his wife of 16 years, Mandy, and his two children, Ethan and Haleigh.
* Jeffrey P. Bishop (MD, PhD) lives in St. Louis, MO with his three daughters and his wife Cyndy. Dr. Bishop directs the Albert Gnaegi Center for Health Care Ethics at Saint Louis University. Full bio.
* Paul Borchard is a lifelong pro-life activist and a graduate from Franciscan University of Steubenville. He is the coordinator of the young adult staff for Pro-Life Boot Camp.
* Peggy Bowes is a wife/mother, freelance writer, Catholic fitness expert, and former Air Force instructor pilot. She is the author of The Rosary Workout (www.rosaryworkout.com) and has been a guest on EWTN’s The Journey Home.
* Josh Brahm is the Director of Education at Right to Life of Central CA and a speaker, blogger and podcast host. He is happily married with three kids and leads worship for his church in Clovis, CA.
* Karla Brien is married to Don, and they have five children…stationed at McGuire AFB, NJ. Karla mentors young mothers in the base MOPS program.
* Jennifer Brinker writes for the St. Louis Review newspaper and Catholic St. Louis magazine, both publications of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. She and her husband, Scott, have two children. She can be found on Twitter @JenniferBrinker.
* Beth Bubik is the Life Initiatives Program Coordinator for the Alumni Association of the University of Notre Dame. Beth and Mike have been married for 21 years and have three children.
* Pastor Ron Burtz is pastor of the Evangelical Free Bible Church of Wall, South Dakota. He has a passion to preach the Word and see revival and spiritual awakening come to America. He and his wife Tammy have three grown children.
* Dr. Joel Cain and his wife Sheila live in Colorado Springs. They minister to a senior adult Sunday School class at a Southern Baptist Church. Joel is a chemistry professor at the USAF Academy, and he leads the Chemists for Christ Bible study.
* Anne Carmichael is a LIFE Runners board member and the VP Communications. She is also a VP for the Vitae Foundation. She was a lobbyist for the MO Catholic Conference and served as the first Executive Director for MO Right to Life. Anne and Jim have been married for 30 years and have 3 children.
* Scott Casmer was part of the original fellowship group that led to the formation of the LIFE Runners and is currently the Colorado Springs LIFE Runners chapter leader. Scott works at Schriever AFB and is married with two daughters.
* Angi Castle is married to Pat, and they have two daughters. She is an elementary school speech therapist.
* Kathy Castle has four grown sons (Joe, Dan, Pat, Steve) and nine grandchildren. She is the Social Sciences Division Coordinator at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD. Kathy is an active team member for the Koinonia retreat program.
* Paige Castle is a LIFE Runner and Pro-Life activist. Her parents are Pat and Angi Castle.
* Dr. Pat Castle is the co-founder and president of the National LIFE Runners Team (full bio). Pat and Angi have two daughters and live in Rapid City, SD.
* Steve Castle and his wife Tina lead the Fergus Falls MN LIFE Runners Chapter and attend to their number one ministry; their four children.
* Tina Castle is married to Steve, and they have four children. She in the Fergus Falls LIFE Runners Chapter leader.
* Alice Chapman is a public health officer in the Air Force, and is stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH. She and her husband Glenn have a son. She is working to establish a Dayton LIFE Runners Chapter.
* Franz Chenet, an Air Force videographer/broadcaster, lives in the D.C. area with his wife Jomary and four kids. Franz is active in his parish Life Teen youth group.
* Todd Church, his wife Ann, and their two sons live in Grants, New Mexico. Ann is an NFP only Obstetrician/Gynecologist. Todd is in deacon formation and serves in youth/music ministry in his parish.
* Sr. Francelle Clarke passed away in Aberdeen, SD (2012). While at O’Gorman high school, Pat/Steve Castle met her on the Search retreat program. In 2008, they began posting her weekly devotions to a blog and linking them to the LIFE Group Devotions each Friday.
* Dana Cody is a an attorney and the Executive Director for the Life Legal Defense Foundation (www.lldf.org); She has participated in and helped organize the Law of Life Summit since it was established by Ave Maria School of Law in 2011.
* Fr. Joe Coffey is a Navy Chaplain (video) and St. Louis LIFE Runners Chapter chaplain. He is stationed in St. Louis, MO as a Chaplain recruiter. When he’s not on the road, he can be found early on Saturday mornings, praying for Life at the local abortion mill.
* Whitney Compton grew up in St. Louis Missouri. She has obtained a Masters of Arts in Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville. Whitney strives to live her daily life consecrated to Jesus through Mary according to the consecration formula of St. Louis de Montfort.
* Carol Cooper is a teacher and coach at St. Thomas More High School in Rapid City, SD. She and her husband, Dan, have three amazing children (Jay, Kelly, and Kaci.)
* Grant Croft was raised in Sioux Falls, SD. He pursued the priesthood until 2000. Grant served two tours in Iraq. Him and his wife Julie have two children and will soon be stationed at Ft Riley, KS.
* Mary Daly is Program Coordinator for the Office of University Life Initiatives at the University of Notre Dame.
* Fr. James Dean was ordained a priest of the Archdiocese of Mobile in Alabama in 1991 and is currently the pastor of St. Bartholomew Catholic Church in Elberta, AL.
* John Paul Deddens is the founder of Students for Life of Illinois.
* Pastor John Dennis leads Black Hills Church of Christ and is communications director for Family Heritage Alliance and FHA Action. John is married to his high school sweetheart and has four children and four grandchildren.
* Father Andrew Dickinson is originally from Yankton, SD. He serves as Director of Pius XII Newman Center at South Dakota State University and Pastor of St. Paul’s parish in White, SD.
* Adrienne Doring was called to serve as the founding Respect Life Director for Bishop Robert Finn in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph (2006-2009). She now gladly volunteers with pro-life efforts.
* Laurie Edwards, formerly the Respect Life Coordinator for the Catholic Diocese of Belleville, is preparing to relocate to Bentonville, Arkansas where her husband Jim’s job has taken him. There they will be empty nesters with two college students in Missouri.
* Nellie Edwards is a wife and mother of eight children, residing in Minot, ND. She has been a Life advocate since the early 80’s, twice going to trial for ‘sidewalk counseling’ and both times vindicated. See her anointed ProLife/Sacred Art.
* Monica Elsinger lives in Steamboat Springs, CO and works as the Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries at Holy Name Catholic Church.
* Carol Everett is president and founder of The Heidi Group, an organization formed to network resources for crisis pregnancy centers across the nation. Carol’s life story is detailed in the book, Blood Money – Getting Rich off a Woman’s Right to Choose.
* Lisa Everett and husband Fred have seven children. They are co-directors of the Office of Family Life for the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend. Lisa speaks/writes on topics related to marriage, family life, human sexuality, and building a culture of life.
* Grant Fenske is married to Gwen; they have two children. Grant is a Senior Transportation Safety Specialist for 3M in Lafayette, LA.
* Brenda Ferrie and her husband Aaron adopted Trevor and Carter as infants. Brenda is a Catholic School principal in Sioux City, IA
* Kathy Forck and her husband, Mike, are the Campaign Directors of the 40 Days for Life in Columbia, MO. They have four children and seven grandchildren, the newest expected in May 2014. They live in New Bloomfield, MO.
* Pastor Rick Foreman is a Director of Operational Excellence; a John Maxwell certified coach, trainer and speaker; and an associate pastor specializing in leadership development and mentoring. His purpose and desire is simply to help add value to others. You can find out more at www.JohnMaxwellGroup.com/RickForeman.
* Eric Gallagher is the director of youth ministry for the Sioux Falls Diocese. He has been in youth ministry full-time since 2004. Eric is married and has two children.
* Jenn Garza works as Vocations Assistant for the Diocese of Fresno, CA and plans to become a cloistered Norbertine nun in August, 2013. She is currently training for The OC Marathon and gathering sponsors in an effort to pay off her student loans so that she can enter religious life.
* Jamie Gauer is a wife and a mother to 3 boys. Jamie and husband Glen are FOCUS missionaries at South Dakota State University in Brookings, SD (family website).
* Adriana Gonzalez and her husband Manny are the founders of Catholics Called to Witness (www.cc2w.org) and co-produced the viral Test of Fire election video. They have been married for 22 years and have 7 beautiful children.
* Jeff Grabosky and his wife Mary live in Alexandria, VA. They are expecting their first child in February. Jeff is the author of Running With God Across America, which details his prayerful run across the United States in 2011. LIFE Runners co-founder Pat Castle met Jeff along that faith journey (daily bread story).
* Kevin Grillot works for Students for Life IL and helps foster the growth of pro-life student groups in Chicago. When he was the pro-life student group president at SLU, he founded an endowment for pregnant and parenting students.
* Bishop Robert Gruss is the bishop of the Diocese of Rapid City, South Dakota. He was ordained a priest for the Diocese of Davenport, Iowa in 1994.
* Mark/Nancy Hallenbeck have two daughters, a United Methodist pastor in the Dakotas and a seminary student in St. Paul, MN. Mark is a professor at Augustana College (Sioux Falls/SD), and Nancy is a retired public school teacher.
* Ed Heigl is the Area Director of Operations for Spectrum Retirement Communities in St. Louis. Over the last 33 years he has dedicated himself to the elderly and the dying, to give them respect and human dignity. He has been married to Beth for 31 years and has three adopted children: Alex 17, Addie 15 and John 9 years old.
* Jenna Henry is a Canadian who graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville with a BA in Philosophy and a minor in Human Life Studies.
* Kristina Hernandez is a public relations executive and lives in the D.C. area with her husband Roberto and baby daughter, Valerie. She is also a graduate student at Christendom College.
* Amanda Hicks is a St. Louis University student majoring in Education and Theology. Originally from Colorado, she enjoys pro-life ministry, playing the piano, running, and being with family.
* Dan Hinrichs resides in St. Louis. He is a corporate accountant and the Coalition St. Louis LIFE Runners Deputy Chapter Leader.
* Mary Ellen Hoffman is a wife, mother, and mother-in-law. Her most precious gift given to her recently is her job at Sacred Heart Villa early childhood development center on The Hill in St. Louis working with 4 year olds and knowing that each life is a precious gift from God!
* Sara Hofflander lives in Sioux Falls, SD where she teaches theology at O’Gorman Catholic High School and leads the O’Gorman LIFE Runners chapter.
* Stephen Holinaty is from New Jersey. Him and his wife Soonie have three children (22, 12 and 6). He has taught ages 2 through high school and is currently the Assistant Director of Monmouth Day Care.
* Barb Honeycutt is the superintendent of Rapid City SD Catholic Schools.
* Royce Hood graduated from Ave Maria School of Law in Naples, FL (2012). He is the founder of www.MariaNews.com and helped organize the 2012 Law of Life Summit in Washington, DC.
* Mark Houck is a husband, father of three children and co-founder of the lay apostolate, The King’s Men. He states that being a good husband and father makes him a better disciple of Christ in God’s vineyard and vice versa.
* Joe Hourigan resides in Colorado Springs and is married to Anne. They have six children. Joe’s authentic life in the Spirit has led him to serve as a ProLife ‘sidewalk counselor’ every Friday afternoon at the local abortion mill.
* Gordon Howie is the founder of the Life and Liberty Group in Rapid City, S.D.
* Abby Johnson directed a Planned Parenthood abortion facility for 8 yrs. After witnessing an ultrasound guided abortion, she left her job and joined the pro-life movement. She is the president of And Then There Were None, dedicated to helping abortion facility workers escape.
* Allison Johnson lives in San Antonio with husband Grant and two children. She wrote Waking Up in the Middle of Nowhere, a memoir about marriage and Bi-Polar Mood Disorder. She is a certified Life Coach.
* Valerie Johnson is the Region 8 Director for South Dakota Right to Life and the South Dakota delegate to National Right to Life. Valerie lives in Mitchell with her husband Rick and their 6 wonderful children.
* Shane Kapler is the author of “The God Who is Love: Explaining Christianity From Its Center” and co-author of “Tending the Temple”. He works as a speech therapist in St. Louis, but his favorite “job” is being a Dad. Visit www.explainingchristianity.com.
* Stephanie Kemp is the oldest of twelve, mother of three sons, and grandmother of four. She has over a marathon of yrs with Pro-Life work. Stephanie is the Respect Life Coordinator for St. Peter parish in Monument, CO.
* Rebecca Kiessling is a wife, mother of 5, attorney, and pro-life speaker, sharing her story of having been conceived in rape and nearly aborted at two back-alley abortionists. She’s the Director of Save The 1 and National Spokeswoman for Personhood USA.
* Amy Kosta works as a Labor & Delivery nurse. Amy and husband Steve share their passion for life with their 5 children. The Kostas are members of the St. Louis LIFE Runners chapter.
* Sheri Krotzer is the midwest regional coordinator for Students for Life. She currently resides in St. Louis, MO and helps train/equip students to stand for life on campus.
* Jonathan Konz is from the Diocese of Sioux Falls, SD. He works as the Campus Minister at O’Gorman Catholic High School and is the co-leader of the O’G LIFE Runners chapter.
* Carl Landwehr became involved in the pro-life cause in 1974. Over 20 years ago he and a group of business and religious leaders founded the Vitae Foundation to do research and effective messaging for the Pro-Life movement. Vitae is now leading the way in internet marketing to reduce the number of abortions and change the American culture. Carl is married and has four children and five grandchildren.
* Karla Lang has completed an Ironman Triathlon. Karla lives on a farm with her husband and three children. She is committed to speaking about the truth of abortion and the healing power of our Lord’s mercy.
* Matt Laugeman is husband to Teresa, father to Jacob and Michael and a LIFE Runner. Matt volunteers as host of “St. Joseph Radio Presents”, a one hour talk show broadcast on EWTN Radio.
* Teresa Laugeman is wife to Matt, mother to Jacob and Michael and a LIFE Runner. Teresa is the St. Joseph Radio Chapter Leader.
* Jacob Laugeman is a high school senior at St. Dominic Catholic High School, son of Matt and Teresa, brother to Michael. He is involved in his parish youth group, has attended the March for Life in Washington D.C. and is a starting lineman on the football team.
* Deacon Sam Lee is a permanent deacon in the Archdiocese of St. Louis. He has been active in pro-life work since 1978 and a pro-life lobbyist at the Missouri State Capitol in Jefferson City since the mid-1980’s. His wife Gloria works at Our Lady’s Inn, an emergency shelter for homeless, pregnant women and their children.
* Lori Libby is married to Bob, and they have 5 children. She is an emergency department nurse in Belleville, IL. Lori is a kidney donor and helps lead the local Engaged Encounter retreat team.
* Pastor Matthew Lim is a blessed husband of one, proud parent of two, and boastful grandparent of four. He is privileged to pastor at Calvary Baptist Church of Hot Springs, South Dakota. He recently had the joy of completing his first “official” marathon with his daughter at the Shamrock Marathon in Virginia Beach Virginia.
* Reggie Littlejohn is the President of Women’s Rights Without Frontiers and submitted testimony to Congress on December 5, 2011 regarding forced abortion and involuntary sterilization under China’s One Child Policy.
* Chad Livingston is married to Kara, and they have two daughters. Chad owns “A Better Edge” landscaping company in Colorado Springs and is co-leader for the Colorado Springs LIFE Runners chapter.
* Kathryn Lopez is editor-at-large of National Review Online and a nationally syndicated columnist who writes and speaks frequently on faith and public life and building a culture of life (biography). She is on the LIFE Group advisory board.
* Kevin Lowry is a husband, father of eight, and convert to Catholicism by way of Franciscan University of Steubenville. He is the author of Faith at Work: Finding Purpose Beyond the Paycheck.
* Doug Lugge and his wife Jill have been married 25 years and are blessed with 4 children. Doug has been teaching PSR Confirmation Prep for 12 yrs and has taken youth from the Belleville, IL diocese to the Washington DC March for Life for the last 10 yrs.
* Jimmy Mack is a Project Manager at a company in Missouri. He and his wife Peggy have six children. He is involved with the Daughters of St. Paul and loves Contemporary Christian Music. He is a member of Coalition St. Louis LIFE Runners Chapter.
* Kimberly Martinez is a wife/mother and former executive director for the Alpha Center (pregnancy help center) in Sioux Falls, SD.
* Brandon McAuliffe lives in Abilene, TX and has no children. He works in health insurance and journalism and has two nieces and a nephew.
* Kristi McClintock grew up in Texas. Kristi is now the Youth Conference Programming Manager for the Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH.
* Pam McGushin is the Lead Catechist for the 2nd and 4th grades at Holy Spirit Catholic Community Church in Naperville, IL. She has been married 15 years and has two boys.
* Molly McDonald is the NYC Life Runners chapter leader. She lives in Long Island, NY.
* Kevin McNicholas and his wife Laura were married in the same chapel where they met and were engaged. They are blessed to be Engaged Encounter Weekend leaders in Belleville, IL.
* Ron Meyer and his wife Julie have three girls. Ron is the host of Blessed2Play, a sports radio program that uncovers the role that faith plays in the lives of sports professionals from around the country. The show airs worldwide on EWTN Global Catholic Radio Network.
* Jeanne Monahan is the President of the March for Life and she resides in the Washington DC area.
* Daria Monroe and her husband have six children. She is the FL Operation Outcry leader and speaks out about the devastation of abortion while gathering declarations as legal witness to the after effects of abortion on families.
* Benjamin Monson works as the Senior Graphic Artist at the Rock Church in San Diego, CA. He also serves on the board of Save The Storks and is their lead graphic designer. Benjamin and his wife have two children and a third on the way.
* Lauren Muzyka, J.D. served as Campaign Strategist for the 40 Days for Life National Team. Lauren has been married to her best friend, Peter, for 3 years.
* Cliff Nancarrow and his wife, Debi, first trusted Christ as teenagers through the ministry of Young Life in California and Arizona, respectively. They have three grown children and four grandchildren.
* Mark Nelson and his wife Tracy have a little boy and reside in Sioux Falls, SD. Mark has been a Youth Minister since 2004 and currently works for Holy Spirit Parish in Sioux Falls, SD.
* Karen Nolkemper is the Director of the Respect Life Apostolate for the Archdiocese of St. Louis. She believes it is important to “speak the truth in love”.
* Jean Noon and her husband Tom have two grown sons. Jean is a spiritual director/teacher in the Arlington Diocese of Northern VA.
* Paul Nurse started the LIFE Runners chapter at Ave Maria University, where he studied pre-medicine for two years. He recently heeded the Lord’s call to “sell all that you have and come follow me,” and has become a full-time missionary with Family Missions Company. He currently serves the poor and proclaims the Gospel as a missionary in Pune, India. follow his blog.
*Carrie O’Donnell is the proud mother of Isaac James. She is active in her church as a Parish Council Member, Parish School of Religion Teacher, and the Ambassador for Fostering Faithful Families.
*Melissa Ohden is a wife, mother, LIFE Runner…and a saline abortion survivor. www.melissaohden.com/bio. Video (4 min). Reunites with nurse.
* Fr. Joseph Oganda has extensive experience working with and caring for the poor, orphaned and those with AIDS in his home city of Nairobi, Kenya. He is currently the Parochial Vicar at the Cathedral of St. Peter in Belleville, IL.
* Father Michael Orsi is the Chaplain and a Research Fellow in Law and Religion at Ave Maria School of Law in Naples, Florida. He has been involved in Pro-Life for over forty years.
* Diane Overmann is the Faith Formation Director at St. Clare Catholic School in O’Fallon, IL. She also presents catechist classes for the Diocese of Belleville, IL.
* Dr. Cliff Ozmun is the Minister of Education for Calvary Baptist Church in Beaumont, Texas. He and his wife Michelle are the proud parents of five children, adopted out of foster care. They are grateful that these mothers chose life for their children.
* David Padilla (LIFE Runner) lives and works in Topeka, KS. He has five children, elementary to college aged. David experienced a Cursillo retreat weekend in Sept and serves God in various ministries of the church.
* Bill Pauls is married to Kris (LIFE Runners gear mama). His son is Jeff a LIFE Runner Board Member & VP. His daughter Kelly is a Chapter Leader for the STL LIFE Runners. All the Grandkids wear their gear as well. A Life Runner Family.
* Bishop Thomas John Paprocki serves the Diocese of Springfield IL and has run 18 marathons (bio). He is the National LIFE Runners Chaplain and on the LIFE Runners advisory board. Bishop is the 2011 LIFE Runner of the Year.
* Allan Parker is the president of the Justice Foundation and Operation Outcry: www.operationoutcry.org.
* Karen Patnaude and her husband Ryan have one young daughter. Karen is a stay at home mom who actively serves as a volunteer in her church in the early childhood ministry and is the Rapid City LIFE Runners chapter leader
* Jeff Pauls is married to Amy and has two daughters. Jeff is the LIFE Runners vp operations. Full bio.
* Father Frank Pavone is National Director of Priests for Life and serves on the Vatican’s Pontifical Academy of Life. He also serves as Pastoral Director of Rachel’s Vineyard and the Silent No More Awareness Campaign around the world, which constitute the largest ministries for healing after abortion. Fr. Frank is a popular speaker and author and can be reached at www.PriestsForLife.org.
* Alton Pelowski is the editor of Columbia, the magazine of the Knights of Columbus, and a graduate of the Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family. He is a LIFE Runner and has run 10 marathons in 10 different states in the past 10 years.
* Susie Perkins is the executive assistant to the president of the Vitae Foundation, an organization whose mission is to encourage a culture of life through mass communications.
* Jason Peters is married to Deanna, and they have three children. Jason is the President of JMJ Caseworks and deputy leader for Sioux Falls LIFE Runners chapter.
* Kathy Jo Peterson is the niece of Sr. Francelle Clark. She is married to Jerry, and the mother of two daughters. They reside in Minneapolis, MN.
* Erica Reich is married to Rich. She teaches religion, social studies, and computers at St. Peter Catholic School in Colorado.
* Dr. Rich Reich is the co-founder of the LIFE Group Devotions and the National LIFE Runners Team. He is married to Erica and lives in Colorado Springs, CO. Full bio.
* Mia Reini is an attorney in Atlanta where she lives with her husband, Kyle. She was a member of the inaugural class of the Vita Institute at the University of Notre Dame in 2011.
* Charles Rice is Professor Emeritus at Notre Dame Law School (biography). His concentration is mainly on Catholic, pro-life and constitutional issues. He is a LtCol in the Marine Corps Reserve (ret). He and his wife, Mary, live in Mishawaka, IN and have 10 children (41 grandchildren).
* Mark Roberts is the Deputy Wing Chaplain at Ellsworth Air Force Base near Rapid City, South Dakota. In September he will become the Wing Chaplain at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Great Falls Montana. Chaplain Roberts is originally from Alabama and has three wonderful children; Aaron, Elea and Eric.
* Greg Robeson is the coordinator for Southside Youth Ministry in St. Louis and is married with three children. He has a theology degree from Ave Maria University. Greg started a pilgrimage to the March for Life that now includes over 1,000 youth. At 6’10″, Greg is the biggest LIFE Runner.
* Rob Rysavy is a LIFE Runners board member and the regular devotion author. He and his wife Michelle have six children and live in Riverside, California. Full bio.
* Bonnie Sabin is a coordinator for the Life Ministry and Faith and Justice Committees at St. Catherine Laboure Parish in St. Louis. She is preparing to join the Lay Missionaries of the Gospel of Life-Priests for Life. She and her husband, Ed, have five grown children.
* Lara Sabin is the events coordinator for 40 Days for Life St. Louis. Through her watercolors she expresses the beauty of Christ and His Church.
* Mike Sanders and his bride, Laurie, have two children, Shawn and Jenna. Mike speaks on topics of character, leadership, encouragement, and his journey and blessing with stage IV throat cancer (contact Mike Sanders, Belleville, IL on Facebook or email@example.com).
* Jim Savage was the Pastor of the Cross Keys Baptist Church in St. Louis for 20 years and has been the Chaplain of the Friendship Village Sunset Hills retirement community for 6 years. He serves as Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Vitae Foundation.
* Judy Sawyer is a wife and mother of three who writes Christian Children’s books. Her first published book is This Is How I Pray.
* Ann Schaefbauer and her husband Keith have 5 children. She works at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD. Ann helps lead the O’G Junior High Students for Life Group and is involved with the Respect Life Group at Holy Spirit Parish.
* Carmen Schmidt is a home-schooling mother of seven children and a LIFE Runner.
* Jennifer Schmidt and her husband John have two sons. They counsel couples coping with the hardships of infant loss. Jennifer serves as the Counseling Center Asst Director for Benedictine College in KS.
* Stephen Schmidt is an accountant at St. Louis University. He and his wife Carmen have six children. He is involved in his sons’ youth group, South Side Catholic Boys Club, and is the Coalition St. Louis LIFE Runners Chapter leader.
* Scott Schmieding is Senior Pastor at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Saint Charles, Missouri. He is married to Susie, and blessed with two children: Jenna and Paul. He is also a survivor of stage 3 tongue cancer.
* Steve Selfridge is a pastor at First Wesleyan Church in Rapid City, SD. He is featured in the book Heaven is for Real. Steve has a wife and four children.
* Lisa Skowron helps women in post-abortion recovery and is the San Antonio LIFE Runners chapter leader. She speaks out about the pain of her own abortion and the hope/healing she found through Christ. Lisa has four children and resides in San Antonio.
* Becky Soske is married to Harold and they have 3 children. She is a kindergarten teacher, lifelong advocate of children with special needs, public speaker and author on the subject of healing from abortion.
* Ann Soave and her husband Antonio have a son and reside in Overland Park, KS. Ann has a theology degree from the Franciscan Univ of Steubenville. She served as the Director of Evangelization at Benedictine College.
* Leslie Soell is a wife and mother of three. Leslie serves on the Board of Directors for the Mountain Area Pregnancy Center in Evergreen, CO and formerly worked as an administrator for Alternatives Pregnancy Center in Denver.
* Clark Sowers and his wife Cathy have 10 children. They own a business in Belle Fourche, SD. Cathy is a nurse-practitioner with an emphasis in Pro-Life fertility care.
* Jack Spring is an author and Chapter President of Una Voce. Jack cherishes his Irish heritage, and has worked for years in support of pro-life causes with The Ancient Order of Hibernians and Knights of Columbus.
* Fr. Jonathan St. Andre ministers out of Loretto, PA. He is the Director of Vocations for the Franciscan Friars, T.O.R., Sacred Heart of Jesus Province.
* Melody Stefanson is married with three children. She is on the Board and Saskatchewan representative for Canada Silent No More. Biography.
* Kathy Stegeman is the VP of Finance for the Vitae Foundation, whose mission is to promote a culture of life through mass media. Kathy and Jim have 5 children.
* Robyn Steinbrueck has taught in Catholic schools since 1990. She and her husband, Jim, have three adult children and three grandsons. She is active in Elizabeth Ministries and the Respect Life committee. She is the Twin Cities LIFE Runners Chapter leader.
* Jillian Stojeba is mother to son Nicholas Joseph, 19, and founder of Missionaries of Life, a charity serving $2 million in food and clothing to Pro-Life causes, single parents, the elderly, immigrants & the poor.
* John Sturm is a LIFE Runner, devotion author and Lay Member of the Visitation Monastery. He and his wife Judy have three daughters, three grandchildren and live in St. Louis, MO.
* Sarah Swaykus is the St. Peters LIFE Runners chapter leader and works for the Respect Life Apostolate for the Archdiocese of St. Louis.
* Alexandra Szameit lives in Sioux Falls, SD with her daughter Rosi. She is a foreign language interpreter/translator for prisons and courts.
* Chris Talley is a single mom with two daughters who does everything she can to raise strong women of faith who won’t fear standing up for what they believe in.
* Dr. Gregory Thompson has five daughters and twenty two grandchildren, and loves them with the only love that matters, a desire to be used by God to help them in their journey to be with the King of Kings for eternity.
* Fr. Joseph Totton is pastor of St. Charles Borromeo Parish in Kansas City, MO, where he also serves as the Kansas City LIFE Runners Chapter chaplain.
* Fr. Chris Uhl was raised in Cleveland, served in the Air Force and worked as an electronics technician before ordination in 2003. He is the pastor of Holy Ghost Parish and the Denver LIFE Runners Chapter chaplain.
* Dr. Allen Unruh is married to Leslee, and they have five grown children. Allen and Leslee co-founded the Sioux Falls Alpha Center in 1984, saving hundreds of babies and their families.
* Bridget VanMeans is the President of ThriVe St. Louis and has been involved in the pro-life movement for 17 years. She delights in the raising of her 9 year old daughter, Kailin.
* Dr. Kevin Vost is a supervisor of disability adjudicators by day, and a Catholic faith/fitness author, speaker, radio, and television guest by night. Kevin is on the LIFE Runners advisory board and is the Springfield IL LIFE Runners chapter assist leader. Full biography.
* Dcn Bob Waller is married to Susan. He is a Lt Col (ret) and associate professor of economics at the Air Force Academy, also serving as the Permanent Deacon for the Catholic Cadet Chapel community.
* Justin Weiler is the proud husband and father of Anna and Jackson. Between family, work, and serving God in various ministries of the Church, Justin still finds time for some “redemptive suffering” by training for the next big race.
* Brian Westbrook serves as the Executive Director of the Coalition for Life St. Louis and host for the local 40 Days for Life campaign. Brian and his wife Marisa and two children Ethan & Eva live in St. Louis.
* Paul Westendorf, husband to Jacquie, is the co-leader of the Sioux Falls LIFE Runners chapter.
* Deborah Wiersma is a mother of five, a proponent of adoption and holds a graduate degree in counseling psychology.
* Kirsten Wohlwend lives in Colorado Springs with her husband and 3 children. She spends much of her time homeschooling and teaching online college chemistry.
* Stacey Wollman is the CEO of Care Net Pregnancy Resource Center in Rapid City, SD. She is married to Doug and they have five children, several foster children, and two grandchildren.
* Doug Wollman, musician and songwriter, is husband to Stacey and father of 5 children, several foster children and 2 grandchildren. More about Doug can be found at www.dougwollman.com.
* Doug Young has one daughter and is stationed at Little Rock AFB as a C-130 pilot. He previously taught physics at the AF Academy. He has experienced Cursillo, Beginning Experience and Every Man’s Battle retreats.
* Fr. Daren Zehnle, Diocese of Springfield IL, serves as Priest Secretary and Master of Ceremonies to Bishop Paprocki and is the Associate Director of the Office for Vocations. He blogs at “Servant and Steward“.