17 Sep 1 Cor 13:11 (putting aside childish things)
* A car ran a red light yesterday (~50 mph) and smashed into the front driver’s side of Angi’s car (with Paige and Grace)…no serious injuries in either car. At the moment of impact, Angi thought it was the end of her earthly life…and begged God that Paige and Grace would not see her a mess. A witness told me that it was a “horrific collision” and nonverbally implied that I was lucky to have my family intact. I thank God for my family being ok, for the gift of faith, for the Holy Spirit (our helper), and you (the Body of Christ)! The Body of Christ loved us up with emails, phone calls, hugs, tears, and faith perspective…Todd Williamson sent me a story yesterday that reminded me to pray for the man who ran the red light…my brother Joe reminded me that people lose family members everyday in car accidents. Without faith, I don’t know how those people could manage. Let us pray for those who suffer from loss of loved ones…and for those who suffer from a lack of faith…
* 40 Days for Life campaign (24 Sep to 2 Nov): http://www.40daysforlife.com/. Please consider signing up to pray an hour in front your local abortion mill.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion. Ask Blessed Margaret of Castello for her prayers to end abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment