15 Sep 1 Cor 13:2 (Alpha Center’d in Love!)
Posted on Wednesday 15 September, 2010
If I have all faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 1 Cor 13:2 (full readings)
* Today’s verse reminds us to do everything out of love for God and neighbor. Jesus, Others, You (JOY)!
* Steve’s Friday devotion was in God’s perfect timing. Yes, the “run so as to win” verse (1 Cor 9:24) came from Friday’s daily Mass readings (as usual)…just in time for the LIFE Runners weekend. Coincidence?, I think not! On top of that, Leslee Unruh (Alpha Center founder) read the devotion to 1,200 pregnancy center leaders at Care Net’s national meeting in Dallas that Friday. Leslee’s daughter (Kia Rector) is a LIFE Runner who placed 3rd overall for women and donated her $400 winnings to the Alpha Center. Thanks to our sponsors (>100), the LIFE Runners raised over $6,000 for the Alpha Center crisis pregnancy bus (provides free ultrasounds)…interesting to note that “MARATHON COACH” is written on the side of the bus. Over 80% of Mothers who see their Unborn Child’s ultrasound…don’t abort!
* Today’s picture was taken at the Sioux Falls Alpha Center “Memorial for the Unborn” (sacred ground). I imagine many reconciled parents have departed the Alpha Center singing this song: Born Again. Thank you Leslee, Kimberly and all Alpha Center staff for so evidently loving God and neighbor in your mission to save babies (and parents)! The LIFE Runners will courageously raise funds/awareness for the Alpha Center again, during the 18 weeks of training for the 2011 Kansas City Half/Full Marathon (Oct 15). Want to join the 2011 LIFE Runners team?
Faith Challenge: Volunteer to help at your local crisis pregnancy center during the 40 Days for Life (starts Sep 22)…out of love for God and neighbor!
* Running for JP: JP truly inspired the 2010 LIFE Runners training/fundraising. The team was blessed by the faith/endurance of JP, his parents Jason/Deanna and his grandparents Sue/Bill…thank you!
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. Peters family (JP), Rich Reich (cousin Tom cancer, Pastor Pat Coy heart recovery, Uncle Javier’s health)
* Lynn Bishara (Aunt Marilyn passed away), Carolyn McKissack (for Karen, Bailee and Anna Grace), Vicki Kerkvliet (Mom started radiation treatment for lung cancer), Karen Ryan-Philpott (2 wk old Baby William, heart issues)
Feast Day: Our Lady of Sorrows. Mary stood faithfully at the foot of the cross as her innocent son Jesus suffered and died for our salvation. Blessings for all those who do this for the innocent Unborn dying at local abortion mills.
Faith Quote: “We don’t change the message, the message changes us!”
Through Christ our Lord,