18 Jun 2 Kings 2:8 (passage through the storm)
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
Elijah took his mantle, rolled it up and struck the water, which divided, and both crossed over on dry ground. 2 Kings 2:8
Living Faith snippets: “From splitting the Red Sea for Moses, the Jordan River, first for Joshua and eventually for the prophets Elijah and Elisha, God has always given his people a way through troubling times. Jesus himself calmed stormy seas to give his disciples secure passage, even to the point of taking Peter’s had when his faith faltered and he began to sink. Whenever a storm such as illness, grief, unemployment or worry sweeps over you, take a deep breath and slowly make the sign of Jesus’ cross. Let its crossing motion divide the waters of your suffering, allowing God to give you safe passage to peace and hope.” by Fr. James Krings
ProLife news: lifesitenews.com
Our Prayers: Abortion, our enemies, our troops, China earthquake, Myanmar cyclone, depression/despair, prisoners, Vicki Miller (her cancer treatment), Carlson home sale
* New: for those battling flood waters in the Midwest
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Outreach: Let’s gladly invite those near us to join our LIFE Devotions group (Mark 16:15), providing routine spiritual connection and strength (simply forward a devotion with an invitation).
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!