04 Jun 2 Tim 1:9 (thrilling discovery)
Posted on Wednesday 04 June, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
[God] saved us and called us to a holy life, not according to our works but according to His own design… 2 Tim 1:9
Living Faith snippets: “A phrase that dominates much of the self-help jargon of our society is “take control of your life.” To be in control of one’s destiny, job or finances is an unquestionable moral value today. On a practical level it is true, but not on the big level. Our bodies, our souls, and especially our failures, teach us this. We are clearly not in control. It is a thrilling discovery of one’s fate, divine providence, being led, being used, one’s life having an inner purpose, being guided, having a sense of personal vocation, and owning one’s destiny as a gift from God. Learning that you are not in control situates you correctly in the universe. You cannot understand the joy and release unless you have been there.” by Fr. Richard Rohr (“Adams Return”)
ProLife news: lifesitenews.com
* The following comments are from Ann Schaefbauer in Sioux Falls, SD: “I would love to be added [to the LIFE Group devotions]! I help organize the [middle school] Students for Life Group that meets once a month during the school year! It is an AWESOME group. We had 90 student members this year with about 60-70 showing up consistently at the meetings. We bring in speakers to talk about all kinds of life issues. We have had doctors, elected officials, the bishop, adopted people, post-abortive women, people with handicaps, families who have had babies with Trisomy 18 (baby died shortly after birth), a speaker from Africa who dealt with the Lost Boys (lived through civil war all their lives), talks about the death penalty. We will focus on the elections, so we can hopefully get them talking about voting PRO-LIFE with their parents! This year, we were able to award two scholarships…only $200 each, but it rewards active students and brings attention to this group. God bless!”
Our Prayers: Abortion, our enemies, our troops, China earthquake, Myanmar cyclone, depression/despair, prisoners, Vicki Miller (her cancer treatment)
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Outreach: Let’s gladly invite those near us to join our LIFE Devotions group (Mark 16:15), providing routine spiritual connection and strength (simply forward a devotion with an invitation).
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment