26 Jan 2 Timothy 1:5 (passing on the faith)
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
I recall your sincere faith that first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and that I am confident lives also in you. 2 Timothy 1:5
Living Faith snippets: “We often recall moving and meaningful times we have spent in private and communal prayer. But do we remember the simple and sincere lessons of faith given as divine gifts of the Father through an obedient parent or grandparent–lessons that give us spiritual confidence many years down the road. God, thank you for those who pass on the faith.” by Steve Givens
Pat nuggets: Today’s devotion reminds us about the importance of passing on the faith to others for building a culture of life. “Liberty and justice for all” has not yet been realized in our own country, as the very lives of unborn Americans are not protected and our tax dollars are used to fund child murder (a Civil Rights issue). Let us pray with fervor for Pres Obama to have a metanoia (change of heart) regarding the protection of the unborn around the world. In his inauguration speech, Pres Obama said he would protect the slaughter of innocence. The unborn aren’t innocent? How about protecting innocent young parents from going through the painful physical, emotional, and spiritual aftermath of an abortion? Pres Obama already overturned a policy that prevented foreign aid (our tax dollars) to be used for abortions (read here). This contradicts our efforts to help bring God’s gift of freedom and peace to the world. Pres Obama already agreed to sign the Freedom of Choice Act if passed by Congress. At church today, we filled out postcards to be sent to congressmen. The postcards stated in part, “The Freedom of Choice Act, the most radical pro-abortion bill ever, would create a fundamental right to abortion that government could not limit…would overturn many existing widely-supported policies (read stats here), including laws protecting parental involvement, conscience rights, and preventing partial-birth abortion.” The following article is related to our spiritual battle of protecting a culture of life and preventing the perversion of Truth/ normalization of sin (moral relativism), Campbell’s labels help support gay marriage. Let’s challenge each other to work even harder to bring true J.O.Y. (Jesus, Others, You) to those in our pieces of the world. On Sunday afternoon, my daughter Paige (8) and me joined Joe Hourigan and his daughter Emily (10) for a rosary prayer in front of the local abortion clinic. If anyone participated in a March for Life last week (read here), please share your experiences.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to J.O.Y.-fully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)! Suggestions?
* Let’s say “God bless you” instead of just “bless you.” Someone recently asked to visit with me “Christian to Christian.” I asked how they knew I was a Christian. They said, “because you say God bless you when someone sneezes.”
ProLife news: http://www.lifesitenews.com/ & http://www.priestsforlife.org/
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (click here for images).
* Let’s pray for courage to communicate the ProLife message through Christ to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* NEW: The C. Springs Life Network headquarters was shot at Thurs night (21 bullet holes), breaking windows and doors. “In a facility that sees almost 500 women and children monthly for counseling and assistance, it is imperative that we provide a secure and safe place.” If you would like to donate to their security system, click here.
Our Prayers: Prayer to End Abortion, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, Pres Obama/politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Papa Joe Castle (brain bleed resolution), Maureen Morgan (reconciliation for Sue Peterson and son), Rob Ouellette (Julie, Peg, Dottie, Chris, Don)
* NEW: Jason/Deanna Peters (son JP recovering from another surgery, read here), Steve Castle (health issues), Carol Nesbitt (for family of Colleen Hurley-Lund who passed away suddenly)
Feast Day (Sts Timothy and Titus): http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=367 and http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=2352.
Faith Quote: Chris Shannon shared this quote, attributed to Saint Therese of Lisieux. “May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.”
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that takes our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s J.O.Y.-fully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!