07 Aug 2010 LIFE Runners Team (5 weeks to go!)
* Mission: God first, Protect the Unborn (& parents), Encourage, Health
* Team (13): Jason/Deanna Peters, Rich/Erica Reich, Pat/Angi Castle, Brenda Ferrie, Becky Gregory, Rob Rysavy, Scott Casmer, John Shannon, Deborah Bertsch, Ardis Moeller
* Race Registration, Marathons for ProLife Facebook page
LIFE Runners –
Only 5 weeks to go! Over these final 5 weeks we will raise lots of miles, prayers and funds…to protect the Unborn (and parents). The fundraising is for the Sioux Falls Alpha Center crisis pregnancy bus that reaches women for free pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, and the Good News…saves lives! The Alpha Center founder, Leslee Unruh, wrote: “Thank you for all you are doing for HIS unborn! We are looking forward to the marathon in September and are offering all the LIFE Runners up in prayer.” As of 6 Aug, the Alpha Center has received 22 donations from our efforts ($2,089)…they are REALLY happy…I told them we are just getting started!
TEAM GOAL (by 22 Aug): Each teammate donates to the Alpha Center and raises at least $200 (or 5 sponsors). Please send me your sponsors names…I’m cheering you to the fundraising finish line! Like training for a marathon, fundraising does indeed take sacrifice (time, courage)…not fun asking for $…but we are giving others an opportunity to help save lives! Let’s personally invite family/friends to sponsor us each day until the race.
* NEW: Check out this powerful short video with a father taking his special needs son through a full Iron Man race…definitely ProLife! Team Hoyt
* “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.” Jeremiah 1:5
* “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary.” Isaiah 40:31
PRAYER: Runners run, and Christians pray…LIFE Runners do both! We run together in Spirit…let’s unite our prayers for each other, support/sponsors, and the Unborn (and their parents)!
ACTIVITIES (11 Sep): See old blogsite posts for details. Planning for everyone to attend the Alpha Center tour (9 AM), Mass (4 PM) and Prerace Meal (5:30 PM).
To honor the Spirit of this marathon (for ProLife), let’s stay focused with our prayerful running and sacrificial fundraising…to protect the Unborn (and parents)!
Running for Christ,