07 Nov We do not run in vain (Phil 2:15-16) by Dr. Pat Castle
Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB). Leaders. Guest Authors.
“Shine like lights in the world, as you hold on to the word of life, so that my boast for the day of Christ may be that I did not run in vain.” ~ Phil 2:15-16 (full readings)
Pat’s Reflections: Running a mile in under four minutes was one of athletics’ greatest milestones. The first person to break this seemingly impossible barrier was Roger Bannister, with a time of 3 minutes 59.4 seconds on 6 May 1954. Since then, over 1,000 people have broke the 4 min barrier. After one state abolishes abortion, other states will follow. How did Roger break the 4 min mile? He believed, and he worked tirelessly (see finishing photo). “Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us…let us run with endurance the race that is set before us” Heb 12:1. LIFE Runners are needed more than ever today…join us for one more step, one more mile, one more Life. Listen to this song and then run harder: Above all kings and all the ways of man. We do not run in vain…All In Christ for Pro-Life!
* Dr. Pat Castle is the co-founder and president of the LIFE Group Devotions and the National LIFE Runners Team (full bio). Pat and Angi have two daughters and live in Rapid City, SD.
Faith Challenge: Imagine a world free of abortion…let’s run harder to realize this, one heart/mind at a time.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, LifeNews, American Family, Vatican, Project Rachel.
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. LIFE Runners Creed. Add Prayers. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.
Feast Day: St. Willibrord.
* “Do not fear my friends, do not fear, God is still on the throne. God still expects us to love our neighbors as ourselves and love Him with all our heart, soul, strength and mind. Today, we fight harder, cry louder, and stop this abortion holocaust before another generation passes.” ~ Bryan Kemper
* On 22 Oct 1978, John Paul II began his papacy with the cry, “Be not afraid!” He later said, “Why should we have no fear? Because man has been redeemed by God. The power of Christ’s Cross and Resurrection is greater than any evil which man could or should fear.”
* “But as Christians, our story began long before this campaign season. It will continue long after.” ~ Archbishop Chaput
* “But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”” ~ Mt 14:27
Through Christ our Lord,
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion (images) is #1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Mt 28:19.
Post A Comment