Teamwork to cross the finish line that ends abortion.
God First, Life Always, Teammates Forever!
All In Christ for Pro-Life!
“REMEMBER The Unborn - Jer 1:5”
Meet our Team (video). LIFE Runners impact hearts and minds for saving lives with our “REMEMBER The Unborn” jerseys. We gather for a fall national race retreat, many local chapter huddles, and the A-Cross America Relay finish line events. Register for Relay and complete 5K legs on the course or remotely in your local area (Jul 4th to Aug 8th).
* 2020: 15,472 teammates ages .1 to 101 in 2,557 cities and 39 nations (156 chapters). Virtual Indianapolis half/full marathon & 5K. Relay covered all 5,359 miles.
* 2019: 13,921 teammates ages .1 to 101 in 2,517 cities and 39 nations (142 chapters). Tulsa half/full Marathon & 5K (75 plus 78 new) and Julia Webb set world record. Relay covered all 5,359 miles.
* 2018: 10,097 teammates ages .1 to 101 in 35 nations (115 chapters). Long Beach half/full Marathon & 5K (50 plus 250 new). Relay had new north and south starting points, Grand Forks ND and San Antonio TX, covered all 5,359 miles of the four arms.
* 2017: 6,750 teammates ages .1 to 101 from 33 nations (99 chapters). Pensacola half/full Marathon & 5K (100). Filled the four arms of the Relay, covered all 5,564 miles.
* 2016: 5,041 teammates ages .1 to 101 from 29 nations (85 chapters). Philadelphia half/full Marathon & 12K (75). Filled the four arms of the Relay, covered all 5,564 miles.
* 2015: 3,903 teammates ages .1 to 101 from 24 nations (71 chapters). Las Vegas half/full Marathon & 10K (75). Relay added north and south arms starting in ND and TX to form a cross with all four arms uniting in Kansas City, covered 75% of the 5,564 miles.
* 2014: 3,002 teammates ages 1 to 88 from 50 states and 22 nations (54 chapters). Air Force half/full Marathon & 5K (200). Relay covered 58% of the 4,089 miles.
* 2013: 1,791 teammates ages 2 to 80 from 46 states and 11 nations (33 chapters). Crazy Horse half/full Marathon & 5K (200). The inaugural Relay covered 50% of the 4,089 miles between the Golden Gate and Brooklyn bridges.
* 2012: 491 teammates ages 5 to 73 from 36 states and 3 nations (17 chapters). St. Louis half/full Marathon & 5K (250).
* 2011: 170 teammates ages 6 to 72 from 20 states (8 chapters). Kansas City half/full Marathon & 5K (100).
* 2010: 17 teammates from 5 states (1 chapter). Sioux Falls half/full Marathon (17).
* 2009: 12 teammates from 4 states. Twin Cities Marathon (12).
* 2008: 12 teammates from 4 states. Chicago Marathon (12). Apostolate born on Oct 12th.
LIFE Runners logo: Green symbolizes Life. The dove represents the Holy Spirit and PEACE. Blue symbolizes Healing. Shoes will bring us across the finish line that ends abortion and will continue bringing us to mothers who need support. The cross and fish logo show that we are “All In Christ for Pro-Life!” Jer 1:5 is “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.”
All In Christ for Pro-Life!
St. Padre Pio is the LIFE Runners patron saint. LIFE Runners founder Dr. Pat Castle encountered St. Pio during the last 10 minutes of the 2006 Pikes Peak Ascent race (newspaper, podcast, TV). St. Pio took on suffering to reduce the suffering of others. St. Pio’s intercessory prayers prevent and heal abortion wounds. LIFE Runners co-directed the 2017 St. Pio Relay for Pro-Life in Italy. St. Padre Pio prayed, “My past, O Lord, to Your mercy; my present, to Your love; my future, to Your providence.”
Thousands of teammates, ages .1 to 101 in all 50 states and 39 nations – Afghanistan, Australia, Belgium, Canada, Colombia, England, Eritrea, Fiji, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Liberia, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Poland, Scotland, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Tanzania, Trinidad/Tobago, Tonga, Turkey, Uganda, United States, Vanuatu. More details.
We believe in the dignity of all human life from conception to natural death.
* We run as a Prayer, to defend children in the womb, so that they may be born and united with our Christian community.
* We run to build Endurance, for the race is long and we must keep our eyes fixed on You Lord.
* We run for Awareness, so our culture will view all human life as a reflection of Your glory Lord.
* We run for Charity, to provide support for mothers and fathers tempted to abort their child, and healing support for post-abortion women, men and families.
* We run to End abortion, for Christ died so that all may live.
Guard us all, born and unborn, with Your PEACE, Lord. For in You, life is victorious. We pray and run in Your name, Jesus Christ. Amen.
In memory of Joseph E. Castle (26 Mar 2012) for courageously speaking up and in honor of Tina Jinkens (blind teammate) for stepping out in faith. 2011 Bishop Thomas Paprocki (IL), 2012 Paul Westendorf (SD), 2013 Ed Heigl (MO), 2013 Sara Beaner (SD), 2014 Nelson De Los Santos (TX), 2014 Karen Patnaude (Fiji Islands), 2015 Colleen Ware (ID), 2015 Pastor Conan Hatch (Fiji Islands), 2016 Paula Parmelee (IA), 2016 Dan Hinrichs (MO), 2017 Debbie Ridder (FL), 2017 Doug Young (AR), 2018 Stephen Karfiah (Liberia), 2018 Angela Haynes (WY), 2019 Peter Kahama (Tanzania), 2019 Enggrid Tjia (CA), 2020 David Stewart (NM), 2020 Sally Majestic (CA).
In memory of Phillip Baumberger (29 Jul 2020) who fueled teammates with the joy of Christ. 2013 James Vignola (MO), 2013 Keelan Glass (TX), 2014 Ryan Cascio (VA), 2014 Paige Castle (MO), 2015 Brett Blakeman (SD), 2015 Alexa Lamb (MO), 2016 Brianna Castle (SD), 2016 Boston Schroer (MO), 2017 Grace Beaner (SD), 2017 Evan Lutz (KS), 2018 Leah DeFreece (NE), 2018 Carter Kuehl (IA), 2020 Olivia Tomlinson (NE), 2020 Josh Weinheimer (SD).
2015 Kosta (MO), 2016 Espinoza (TX), 2017 Murrell (MI), 2018 Mirenda (PA), 2019 Webb (AR), 2020 DiNuzzo (KS).
In memory of St. Louis LIFE Runner Ed Heigl (10 Jul 2015) for inspiring us to carry the Pro-Life flag forward, always forward. 2016 Cincinnati (OH), 2017 Fiji Islands, 2018 Jefferson City (MO), 2019 Guardian Angels HS (NE), 2020 San Francisco (CA), 2020 Singapore.