18 May Acts 16:13 (retreating to pray)
Let’s welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Living Faith snippets: “I reflected on my life, on the trip and on transitions ahead, and I prayed God would lead me in the right direction. I knew time would bring changes as yet unknown, but in that moment, I was content just to be still. Such moments may be rare, but in them God’s mysterious presence is available to us all.” by Julia DiSalvo
Rich’s comments: I find it very important in my busy schedule to set aside time to pray, read scripture, and reflect alone in silence. This time for me is early in the morning at work before I start my day. Since I am naturally a morning person, this is when I am at my best; the time when I am the most attentive. The time when I can be still and listen to God. Lord, help me to shut out the distractions of the World and bring me focus so that I may listen to You. Amen.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News.
* NEW: If you do not already set aside time in your day to retreat to pray, start to do so now.
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth (John 14:6) to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16) and setting the unborn free!
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Prayer to end abortion, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, addictions
* NEW: Rich (Jim Russell who is battling cancer)
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!