06 May Acts 20:20 (Open to the Truth)
Posted on Tuesday 06 May, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
I did not at all shrink from telling you what was for your benefit… Acts 20:20
Living Faith snippets: “One thing that made [Paul’s] work so remarkable is that he seemed to fall in love with the communities he visited. There are also times in Paul’s letters when he needs to admonish a community for their misdeeds. It is not easy telling people you love that they are behaving poorly. In these particular letters, Paul tells the truth out of love, never out of malice. Are there people in your life who could use a dose of the truth delivered in love? Are you open to having others pose a gentle and loving challenge to you sometimes?” by David Nantais
Rich’s comments: “The word of God is living and effective, sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating even between soul and spirit, joints and marrow, and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12) I was guided to this scripture passage this morning as I read the Living Faith devotion. God’s Word is a two-edged sword; it brings judgement as well as salvation. God’s Word reveals and heals, for example, by cutting through falseness, pointing out the truth, and exposing inner motivations. As Christians, it is our responsibility to spread God’s Word (lovingly), but also to be open to receive It as well. Lord, help me to put my pride aside as well as my hidden agendas so that I may be open to receive Your loving Truth. Amen.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: If you have a prayer request, simply send it to our distribution list at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ProLife websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)! Let’s make time to share with unbelievers…and let’s re-evangelize ourselves and our Western culture to a deeper union with Christ’s mercy and love.