14 Apr Acts 5:19-20 (“Faith Is Our Life”)
During the night, the angel of the Lord opened the doors of the prison, led them out, and said, “Go and take your place in the temple area, and tell the people everything about this life.” Acts 5:19-20 (full readings)
Living Faith snippets: “As I prepared this devotion, I was struck by the words, “tell the people everything about this life.” The phrase “this life” underscored for me that, for the early Christians, faith in Jesus was not a pastime, diversion or sport. It was their life. It was a commitment of their whole selves to the person and teachings of Jesus. As such, their faith formed their attitudes. It shaped their decision-making. It determined their choices. Sometimes their faith led them to prison or even to death in the public arena.” by Sr. Melannie Svoboda, S.N.D.
Rich’s comments: In the U.S., we are blessed that we are allowed to practice our faith without fear of going to prison or being put to death. However, some of our politicians probably believe that truly practicing the teachings of Jesus Christ would lead to their death in the political arena, and this is a commitment they are not willing to make. I don’t understand how some people are able to compartmentalize their lives (i.e., support a culture of death, while claiming to be followers of the Gospel of life). Christianity is a lifestyle, not a religion, or a disguise. Authentic Christians are not “lukewarm” (Rev 3:15-16), but are fully committed to Christ. Lord, may I have the courage to live an authentic Christian life and to “tell the people everything about this life” in You. Amen.
Faith Challenge: Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by forwarding devotions or using the Facebook “invite people” link.
* NEW: What defines your lifestyle as a Christian? Consider sharing your devotion thoughts on the Facebook page, to be appreciated by many.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies)…courageously share ProLife Truth to expose abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free.
* NEW: Nebraska Enacts First-Ever Abortion Ban Based on Fetal Pain
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together, and close to God (footnotes). Peters family (JP), Prayer to end abortion, Stephanie Kemp (special intention), Helene Couchon (healing), Joe Levisky (health of daughter and baby Lily), Christy Hubka (Fr. Mel Thompsen’s health).
* NEW: Brenda Alvine (God’s protection for her family)
Faith Quote: “Until you know Christ, you’re not living, you’re just existing.” – unknown author
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).
Post A Comment