22 Sep Campaign Letter Template (ends 6 Oct)
LIFE Runners Teammates – we are only TWO WEEKS away from the finish line of our national race in the Black Hills of South Dakota and the finish line of our Fall fundraising campaign (6 Oct)! From 28 Aug to 6 Oct 2013, all LIFE Runners are encouraged to prayerfully and courageously raise/contribute at least $262 for our national and your local Pro-Life beneficiaries. Guidance at www.LIFErunners.org/fundraising.
Some are already doing great work in your fundraising and that is outstanding. Whether you are just getting started, or are already sprinting through your fundraising goal, below is a SUGGESTED fundraising letter template. We strongly encourage you to send out individual e-mails and personalize the message to your potential sponsors.
See Example Fundraising Letter below:
– In the third paragraph, insert your personal fundraising goal. All LIFE Runners are requested to prayerfully consider setting a personal fundraising/contributing goal of at least $262.
– If applicable, insert the link to your fundraising page after your name at the end of the message. Fundraising page guidance at www.liferunners.org/fundraising.
– Sending an individual e-mail, tailored to each person from who you are requesting support, is much more effective than sending a mass e-mail to multiple recipients.
– Make a personal donation to your own effort if you have not already done so.
– One week before the race, no later than Sunday, 9/29, follow up with everyone to whom you have sent a note to and either thank them for their support, or respectfully ask them to consider supporting you. Remind everyone with whom you’ve corresponded to pray for you, the team, the unborn, and moms in crisis.
– After the race, please send a thank you note to those who have supported you. It’s a forgotten art, it’s the right thing to do, and it will make those people more likely to support your critical efforts in the future.
– Additional info is available here: wwwliferunners.org/fundraising.
The time is now! As you enter your training taper, that is your sign to ramp up your fundraising. May God Bless you in your Life saving efforts!
If you have an questions or would like any clarification, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
————————–DELETE ABOVE THIS LINE————————–
Please consider supporting my participation as a member of the National LIFE Runners Team (www.LIFErunners.org). I have participated in the following races wearing my LIFE Runners “REMEMBER The Unborn, Jer 1:5” jersey this year: (INSERT RACES). I also plan to wear my LIFE Runners jersey for these upcoming races: (INSERT RACES).
LIFE Runners is a national and international Pro-Life running team that raises awareness and funds for Pro-Life. This year, LIFE Runners is raising funds for Rapid City Care Net, Sioux Falls Alpha Center, and the Vitae Foundation. Care Net and Alpha Center are pregnancy resource centers on the front lines of the battle to save the unborn. They are committed to helping moms in crisis both before and after they make the powerful decision to Choose Life. Vitae is a national Pro-Life mass media center that raises awareness of the plight of both the unborn and the difficulties experienced by moms struggling to Choose Life. More info about beneficiaries at www.LIFErunners.org/fundraising.
On average it takes $1,200 to help an abortion-leaning mom make the eternally important decision to carry her baby to term. This year, the LIFE Runners team goal is to raise $100,000 for these critically important ministries. My personal fundraising goal is ___. If you feel called to support my efforts, please use the online giving link at the bottom or send me a check made out to your beneficiary of choice. Your contribution is tax deductible and 100% of your donation will be applied to the Life-saving work done by the LIFE Runners beneficiaries [minus 4.9% if using Razoo fundraising page].
One additional note: LIFE Runners is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. I share this because you may have seen in the news that the IRS recently targeted certain 501(c)(3) applicants for additional scrutiny and screening, and then deliberately stalled the approval of non-profit status for those organizations. LIFE Runners was one of the groups targeted by the IRS. Despite the highly questionable conduct of some IRS personnel, LIFE Runners refuses to be silenced, we continue to be a voice for the voiceless, and we continue to work to provide choices other than abortion to moms in crisis.
Finally, regardless of whether you feel called to support our efforts financially; I ask for your PRAYERS for me, for the LIFE Runners Team, and for those we serve.
(IF APPLICABLE, INSERT THE LINK TO YOUR FUNDRAISING PAGE HERE)