27 Sep Cleansing (Eccl 1:10) by Shane Kapler
Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB). Leaders. Guest Authors.
“Even the thing of which we say, ‘See, this is new!’ has already existed in the ages that preceded us.” ~ Eccl 1:10 (full readings)
Shane’s Reflections: As we look at the culture of death around us, we may be tempted to think that things have never looked bleaker. The truth is though, it has. Ancient Israel went through a period when its people fell into the worship of Molech and practiced child sacrifice (2 Kgs 23:10, Jer 32:35). And the Lord chastised them; He brought Josiah to the throne and did away with those atrocities. He will do the same to our country. I do not claim to know when, or how; but He will cleanse us of this evil. Our task is to pray, live as the Lord commanded, continue speaking the truth and working for change in our circle of influence, and place our trust in God.
* Shane Kapler (LIFE Runner) is the author of “The God Who is Love: Explaining Christianity From Its Center” and co-author of “Tending the Temple”. He works as a speech therapist in St. Louis, but his favorite “job” is being a Dad. Visit www.explainingchristianity.com.
Faith Challenge: When praying for the renewal of society both the Old Testament prophets and Jesus combined their prayer with fasting. Why don’t you make a small fast today – one meal, or even one snack that you go without – asking the Lord to stop abortion in this country.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, LifeNews, American Family, Vatican, Project Rachel.
* “I’m Pro-CHOICE, not Pro-Abortion” – Why It Doesn’t Work Out That Way, by Shane Kapler.
Feast Day: St. Vincent De Paul.
Faith Quote: “I remember the days of old; I ponder all your deeds; the works of your hands I recall.” ~ Ps 143:5
Through Christ our Lord,
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will and His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (and families): Abortion (images) is #1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 and Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers and re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.