25 Nov Daniel 3:64-67 (The gateway to prayer)
Let’s welcome God today by reflecting on this short Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which is based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Every shower and dew, bless the Lord…All you winds, bless the Lord…Fire and heat, bless the Lord…Cold and chill, bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever. Daniel 3:64-67 (full readings)
Living Faith snippets: “These verses are part of a larger hymn summoning all creation to worship its creator. What an image! I often marvel at the might and mystery of nature. And yet all of nature, in its power, could kneel in awe before God who made it. How much more vastly mighty and mysterious is God!” by Karla Manternach
Steve’s Thoughts: So often I find it difficult to pray. I am often distracted by frivolous minutiae or overwhelmed by the amount of “intentions” that are on my heart. I have a hard time just quieting my mind. This litany has often helped me focus my heart and mind on God and drown out those distractions. I have found that when I turn to God first in praise and thanksgiving the distractions melt away. I have often found that the real intentions of my heart rise to the surface. Have a blessed Thanksgiving! Lord, let me offer you the first fruits of my day in praise and thanksgiving. Amen.
Sr. Francelle’s Devotion: Gratitude
Faith Challenges: Let’s all invite one person each week (John 14:6) to join our LIFE Group (~250 of God’s children)…welcome to Mickey Carlson!
* NEW: Seek God in prayer today, but instead of asking for something off the bat come before Him first with praise and thanksgiving.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16) for setting the unborn (and parents) free!
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/despair, prisoners, politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, refugees, addictions, persecuted believers, Peters family (JP, Rebekah), Joe (brother Mike), Doug Young (special intention), Pat Castle (health care reform bill), Joe (daughter’s pregnancy), Aaron Ferrie (special intention)
Faith Quotes: “One must see God in everyone.” ~ St. Catherine of Laboure
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).