30 May Deut 7:8 (honored past, Sacred Heart)
* Snippets of the message: “Hi All! May the love of God surround you always! I just got back from my visit with Sister Francelle and staying at the convent in Aberdeen, SD. I wish I could have stayed forever! There are somewhere from 25-50 Sisters who live there. Everyone was so gracious and welcoming! Then there was Sister Helen…she has been blind since birth. But that has not impeded her at all, she has the best attitude I’ve ever seen. Sister Helen’s favorite phrase to say to people is: OH, I am so HAPPY to see you, I haven’t seen you in so long and you look so good! We had a tornado warning and had to move into the hallway away from windows. After the storm was over, the sky turned blue and God blessed us with a beautiful rainbow! It was amazing. We watched a movie about the life of Saint Maria Goretti, what a beautiful movie, it’s a must see if you haven’t seen it already. (Saint Maria Goretti died very young but had no bearing on the amount of lives she changed and touched with her joy, love, forgiveness and spirit filled little body!) To me, being there was like a little taste of heaven! God has been so good to me, Holy is His Name!! May the Peace of Jesus and the Grace of His Love be upon all of you always! God Bless! Sher”
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: Websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service…
Post A Comment