06 Dec Do you believe in Santa? (Mt 7:14) by Dr. Pat Castle
Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB). Leaders. Guest Authors.
“Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them
will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.” ~ Mt 7:24 (full readings)
Pat’s Reflections: Today is the Feast of St. Nicholas, the real Santa Claus, who gave to the needy and children. Do you believe that St. Nicholas was inspired by Christ and the gift of the Holy Spirit? Do you believe that we carry on for St. Nicholas by giving to the needy and bringing gifts of Christ-mas joy to children? Well, then you should still believe in the real Santa Claus that was inspired by the real Son of God. With this faith perspective, you can honestly tell children that you indeed believe in Santa Claus. A few weeks ago, our 9 yr old daughter Grace questioned whether Santa was real. After Angi and I explained, Grace said, “oh great, I can still believe in Santa Claus!” Today, St. Nicholas would help abortion-minded mothers choose Life for their child, and he would reach out to hurting post-abortive mothers. Santa Claus was and is All In Christ Pro-Life! Blessings for our Advent faith journey to meet baby Jesus, Our Savior King. “Light the Advent candle one, now the waiting has begun. We have started on our way, time to think of Christ-mas Day. Candle, candle, burning bright, shining in the cold winter night. Candle, candle, burning bright, fill our hearts with Christ-mas Light.” Let’s run forth to meet Him (prayer below). Christ-mas Flash Mob…Joy!
* Dr. Pat Castle is the co-founder and president of the LIFE Group Devotions and the National LIFE Runners Team (full bio). Pat and Angi have two daughters and live in Rapid City, SD.
Faith Challenge: How would Jesus and St. Nicholas prioritize their Christmas giving? Adopt these same priorities. National Night of Prayer for Life (8 Dec).
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, LifeNews, American Family, Vatican, Project Rachel.
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. LIFE Runners Creed. Add Prayers. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.
* ”Grant your faithful, we pray, Almighty God, the resolve to run forth to meet your Christ with righteous deeds at His coming, so that, gathered at His right hand, they may be worthy to possess the heavenly kingdom. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.”
Feast Day: St. Nicholas. “He lived in the fourth century and was born in modern-day Turkey. After his parents died, he gave all his money to charity. Later St. Nicholas became bishop. It is said that once he saved three men who had been falsely condemned to death.” Today, St. Nicholas would certainly work to save unborn babies who are falsely condemned to death by abortion (Prov 24:11).
Faith Quote: “The first step to eradicate abortion is by living a chaste life. The second step is to openly respect the sacredness of life, so that others will see your example and be moved to do the same. The final step is to pray. If my generation does these things, we will truly become “One nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice FOR ALL.”” ~ Elizabeth (from winning Pro-Life essay for Dallas youth, earned trip to March for Life)
Through Christ our Lord,
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will and His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (and families): Abortion (images) is #1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 and Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers and re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.
Post A Comment