03 Jul Ephesians 2:19 (unity in Christ)
Posted on Thursday 03 July, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God… Ephesians 2:19
Living Faith snippets: “When we attend another church, are we really “visitors?” After all, we’re not baptized into a particular parish. We’re baptized into Christ through his Church. So aren’t I actually a parishioner at every parish in the world, from St. Peter’s to Mumbai to Sao Paulo? Lord, open my heart to all my sisters and brothers.” by Amy Welborn
Rich’s comments: Christ is the source of all true unity between human beings. Christ showed us the source of this unity through His love for us. Christ wants us to be free from pre-occupation with ourselves and with our own problems so that we may unselfishly love and serve the needs of others. In loving others we gain the sense of family and true unity in Christ. Lord, may we all be united in Your love. Amen.
ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/
Our Prayers: Abortion, our enemies/our troops, China earthquake, Myanmar cyclone, Midwest floods, depression/despair, prisoners, Vicki Miller (her cancer treatment), Joe Castle (11 yr old Devantae paralyzed), Liz Curry (brother Bob broke hip), Kay Castle (cancer treatment for Ms. Nancy Wheeler)
Faith quote: “Strength through unity. Unity through faith.” from movie V for Vendetta
Feast Day: Today is the Feast Day of Saint Thomas, one of the twelve apostles. St. Thomas is remembered for doubting his fellow apostles when they anounced Christ’s resurrection. St. Thomas did not make his act of faith until he was presented with physical evidence. To learn more about St. Thomas visit http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14658b.htm.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!