INSIGHTS: for encouraging Life
* 78% of post-abortion mothers said if they had encountered ONE supportive person or encouraging message, they would have chose life. Wear your “REMEMBER The Unborn” jersey/jacket to be a supportive person with a life-saving message, be the one!
* 79% of post-abortion mothers didn’t know about free help. Lead mothers to free ultrasounds and assistance at one of the 3,000+ pregnancy help centers.
* Up to 75% no show for abortion appointments when people are praying at one of the 720 abortion facilities.
* Over 64% of abortion-vulnerable mothers choose life when they see their unborn baby ultrasound image.
* 64% felt coerced (perceive silence as consent).
* 45% of abortions are repeat, healing support prevents repeats.
* 40% of minors having had an abortion report that neither of their parents knew.
* 85% false positive for prenatal genetic screenings. Down syndrome people are aborted at these rates: US (35%), UK (48%), Iceland (99%).
* 90% of relationships end after an abortion.
* 94% regret their abortion. 80% regret aborting their child because of rape and incest. Abortion does not fix circumstances.
SHARE THE FACTS: reality of abortion
* Abortion is leading cause of death in America (850,000/yr). In all American conflicts there are 650,000 combat casualties.
* 18,000 adoptions per year (under 2 years old): 1.5 million couples waiting, 2 year waiting line.
* 2,400 children die from abortion each day (ends 20% of pregnancies). From the Sep 11th attacks, there are 2,996 casualties reported (actually 3,007 with 11 unborn children).
* Over 63 million people aborted since Roe decision on 22 Jan 1973 (9 million people killed in Nazi Holocaust).
* 24% of women had an abortion: 84% felt they had no choice.
* % of total abortions by age: under 15 (.2%), 15–17 (3%), 18–19 (8%), 20–24 (34%), 25–29 (27%), 30 and up (27.8%).
* 37% of pregnancies among black women are aborted, compared with 12% for white women and 19% for hispanic women. 36% of all abortions were obtained by black women.
* 40% of women attended a Christian church service within the same month as their abortion.
* 51% of mothers seeking abortion were using a contraceptive method in the month they became pregnant.
* 52% of Americans are against all or almost all abortions. America is one of seven countries with abortion on demand for entire pregnancy, including China and North Korea.
* 60% of abortions are from mothers who already had children.
* Planned Parenthood aborts over 320,000 children per year which includes 13% of clients and 31% of revenue (without tax dollars). Tax dollars make up 41% of their revenue (over $500 million per year).
* Chemical abortion (pills) account for over 50% of abortions. The first pill is mifepristone which starves the baby (prevents implantation). The second pill, misoprostol, is taken up to 72 hours later to empty the uterus. Read Planned Parenthood’s description of “passing the pregnancy tissue” (baby).
* 0.02% of pregnancies are “life of the mother” cases. In the United States, 20 mothers die for every 100,000 births. Most of those deaths could have been prevented with treatment for diabetes, hypertension, cardiac, etc. 39 mothers reportedly died during illegal abortions in 1972. Legal abortion causes the death of 5 mothers and 1,300,000 children per year average since 1973.
* If we had a moment of silence for each baby aborted, we would be silent for over 100 years. Silent No More.
* More facts at abort73.com and Guttmacher Institute.
ABORTION RATE LOWEST SINCE ROE (1973):
1. Churches and pastors are rising up as intended by God.
2. More pregnancy help centers (since 1990 from 700 to 3500). Assistance for 2 years on average.
3. Less abortion facilities (since 1990 from 2500 to 700). Longer travel distances allow more time to get out of crisis.
4. 24 and 72 hr wait periods allow time to get out of crisis.
5. Required ultrasound.
6. Mandated parental involvement.
7. Sidewalk ministry: Sidewalk Advocates for Life and 40 Days for Life.
8. Reaching youth: Students for Life and LIFE Runners chapters.
9. Education: truth is getting out that abortion is a lie.
10. Women regret abortion.