14 Mar Fri, 14 Mar (John 10:41-42)
Posted on Friday 14 March, 2008
Many came to [Jesus] and said, “John performed no sign, but everything John said about this man was true.” And many there began to believe in Him. John 10:41-42
Living Faith snippets: “Once I asked God to send me a sign I couldn’t possibly miss, so I would know that what I was about to do was God’s will. Voila! A butterfly came to rest on my nose. In February! People believed what John told them about Jesus not because he worked signs in Jesus’ name but because his deep experience of Jesus’ love shone through all John said and did. People believed in Jesus because of John; they came to know Jesus because of John. Will others come to know and experience God in their lives because of us?” Sr. Charleen Hug
Stations of the Cross: As we follow Christ to Easter morning…Jesus is condemned to death, Jesus accepts his cross, Jesus falls the first time, Jesus meets his mother…
* Fifth Station (Simon helps Jesus carry His cross): “We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. While Jesus carries the more significant burden, Simon plays an important role in the Passion of our Lord. We, too, are called to be Simon, to help our brothers and sisters carry the weight of their hardships and difficulties. Simon was transformed by this unexpected experience. We, too, will be transformed by our acts of good will to all who are in need of our assistance. [Amen.]” snippets from “Behold! The Way of the Cross” by Thomas Gouin
* Regarding today’s Station, I highly encourage everyone to listen to or read the lyrics from the song “Watch the Lamb” by Ray Boltz (about Simon): www.stlyrics.com/songs/b/boltzray16291/watchthelamb444566.html. Here is a snippet from the song, “Daddy, daddy, what have we seen here, there’s so much that we don’t understand. So I took them in my arms, and we turned and faced the cross. Then I said dear children, watch the lamb.”
* Prayer rock: In yesterday’s snippets, Sr. Rupp encouraged us to hold a stone while we pray to focus on any stone-tossing we’ve been tempted to do or have done. Let’s all consider keeping a small stone in our pocket until Easter to remind us of our Lenten commitments and what Jesus did for us. I have a stone in my pocket that Paige gave me a couple years ago…it has a hole in it reminding me of the nail holes in the hands of our savior. Thanks to my brother Steve for sharing this quote by David Brinkley: “A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her.”
* 40 Days for Life campaign
: Chad Livingston, Doug Young and I plan to spend an hour in prayer in front of the local abortion clinic for the final evening of the campaign (6 PM, Sun, 16 Mar
). Please consider doing this
in your community to send a strong unified Christian message to our society. “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment