22 Feb Fri, 22 Feb (1 Peter 5:3)
* Welcome God every day by reading the Living Faith devotional before work (~1 min). Order at http://www.livingfaith.com/.
Do not lord it over those assigned to you… 1 Peter 5:3
Living Faith Devotion snippets: “Humbled by his weakness and failure, Peter has seen his shadow side, his tendency toward pride and boasting. Through this, Peter discovered the wisdom of not lording it over others. Peter also learned true humility from the Teacher who washed his disciples’ feet and humbly moved with ease among the downtrodden. The more we come to know our own faults and acknowledge our failures, the less likely we are to lord it over anyone.” by Sr. Joyce Rupp
40 DAYS FOR LIFE Update snippets: “Jonas in Orlando, FL reports that a participant in the 40 Days for Life vigil met a young woman who worked at the abortion clinic. “She said she was not happy with what she was doing and was going to quit. She told him that it was because she saw our group praying in front of the clinic.” Dale tells of approaching an abortionist at his clinic and saying, “If anyone has been unkind to you and said words to you in anger I want to apologize for that right now and ask for your forgiveness.” The abortionist accepted the apology! At the invitation of pro-lifers on the sidewalk, the [same] abortionist would “stop and pray with us before he went inside his clinic. Not long after that, they were offering adoption services. When the abortionist was interviewed by a newspaper, he mentioned us, “Now these people are true Christians.” In a second newspaper interview, the doctor declared that he had stopped doing abortions. “God got the glory, honor and praise,” said Dale. In some cases, it took polite invitations and a whole lot of patience. In others, all it took was simply being there. Your peaceful presence [at abortion clinics] IS making a difference!” by Dave Bereit
* “We find ourselves here in the midst of this incredible tragedy. People can say, “How can we transform the world from the path of death that it’s on?” If you ever doubt that we can bring an end to this culture of death, this destruction of the family, this destruction of life by abortion, if you ever think for a moment that it’s impossible, then ask yourself this: Can a man who has been scourged, crowned with thorns, nailed hands and feet to across, pierced with a lance, has died and been buried; can such a man ever live again? Lord, I will obey you, and will hope for the end of abortion soon, no matter how impossible that may seem to others. I dare not mistrust you; I dare not doubt your power; I dare not fail to follow your call. In you, who raise the dead, all hope comes alive. Amen.” by Fr Frank Pavone
Saint Day: Today is the feast day of St. Peter, the first Pope. Jesus said to Peter, “You are Peter, and upon this Rock, I will build my Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. To you have I entrusted the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven” Matt 16:18-19: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chair_of_Saint_Peter.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings: View at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml
* LIFE Devotions blog: View at life-devotions.blogspot.com. Sign up to comment at LIFE Devotions. Please fill in your profile.
* LIFE Prayers blog: View at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Sign up to post prayers and comment at LIFE Prayers. Prayer connects us with God’s will and miracles, thereby changing us and helping others (so let’s pray daily!).
* Sr. Francelle Devotions: View at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!