28 Jan Hebrews 10:16 (God’s law in our hearts)
I will put my laws in their hearts. Hebrews 10:16
Living Faith snippets: “The reading from Hebrews offers assurances that God’s law is written in my heart. My independent nature fights the idea of too many rules, especially rigid ones that confine my freedom to choose and to act. I know that we cannot live a moral life without foundational laws to guide our life. Personal prayer and reflection keep me in touch with my deeper self where God’s law resides. Because I am not always in touch with my inner self, the external laws of society and Church serve to keep me headed in the right direction.” by Sr. Joyce Rupp
Pat nuggets: Today’s devotion reminds us that God has written the Truth about abortion on everyone’s heart. Some people lose touch with the love and service in their hearts because of selfishness/sin, unresolved hurts, cultural secularization, cultural moral relativism (normalizes sin), etc. Nonetheless, most people acknowledge that abortion is child murder based on these stats: “82% think abortion should either be illegal under all circumstances (11%) or would limit its legality. 38% would limit abortion to the narrow circumstances of rape, incest or to save the life of the mother. Only 9% said abortion should be legal for any reason at any time during pregnancy…but that is precisely the current law under Roe v. Wade. 88% favor informed consent laws (require abortion providers to inform women of potential risks to their physical and psychological health and about alternatives). 73% favor laws that require giving parents the chance to be involved in their minor daughter’s abortion decision. 68% favor laws against partial-birth abortion. 63% favor laws preventing the use of taxpayer funds for abortions.” Read entire article here. ProLife is defined by protecting life from the moment of conception regardless of circumstance. The unborn baby does not cause the circumstances, and the circumstances do not justify slaughtering the innocent unborn. The American Family Association founder, Don Wildmon, said, “We have killed more babies than the entire population of Canada. A women’s choice? Half of those who have died in their mothers’ wombs have been women. They didn’t have a choice.” How is abortion any different from having a law that allows neighbors to have the choice to murder one another for whatever reason? Like abortion, this is unthinkable. May the upcoming 40 Days for Life work to further disrupt the unjust peace surrounding abortion, leading to laws that protect “liberty and justice for all.”
* Have your home blessed (set aside for Christ). “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (click here for images).
* NEW: “Pepsi TV ad pushing gay lifestyle” (click here to read details, watch ad, sign petition).
* Let’s pray for courage to communicate the ProLife message through Christ to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* Prayer to End Abortion, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, Pres Obama/politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Papa Joe Castle (brain bleed resolution), Maureen Morgan (reconciliation for Sue Peterson and son), Rob Ouellette (Julie, Peg, Dottie, Chris, Don)
* NEW: Stephanie Spader (invited us to fast today for her nephew JP, updates here, fasting ideas below), Cliff Nancarrow (friend Jay had stroke)
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that takes our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s J.O.Y.-fully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!