29 Jan Hebrews 10:24 (faith, family, friends)
Posted on Thursday 29 January, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
We must consider how to rouse one another to love and good works. Hebrews 10:24
Living Faith snippets: “Looking back on my life and the many good and true friendships I have had, I realize that the very best and lasting relationships have been with those individuals who have shared my own beliefs in Christ and the power of faith. They have been willing and brave enough to encourage me to a life filled with love and good works by their words and their actions. I hope that I have been able to do the same for them.” by Steve Givens
Rich’s comments: I think back to all of the friends I have made in the past at my different Air Force assignments, and I would have to agree that my strongest friendships have been with those who I share a faith in Jesus Christ. I believe it is, because with these people I can be myself. I can be the person who God designed me to be. They are more than just friends; they are my family, brothers and sisters in Christ. They encourage me, they grieve with me, they worship with me, and they challenge me to be closer to Christ. Lord, give me the strength and courage to bring others closer to You. Amen.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to J.O.Y.-fully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15). Suggestions?
* NEW: Reach out to someone today, ask them how they are doing, and then just listen. Show them you care. This is how Pat first approached me; he just listened and let me talk.
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (click here
Our Prayers: those that pray together stay together
* Let’s pray for courage to communicate the ProLife message through Christ to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
* Prayer to End Abortion
, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, Pres Obama/politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Papa Joe Castle (brain bleed resolution), Maureen Morgan (reconciliation for Sue Peterson and son), Rob Ouellette
(Donna, Eddie, Jack, Dottie, Maureen and Maggie), Stephanie Spader
(invited us to fast today for her nephew JP, updates here
, fasting ideas below), Cliff Nancarrow
(friend Jay had stroke)
Faith Quote: “Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of God’s greatest gifts.” by Thomas Hughes
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings here
. Reflections for readings here
Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn
’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that takes our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s J.O.Y.-fully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!