01 Dec Isaiah 25:9 (Wise people still seek Him!)
Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (website, Facebook).
“Behold our God, to whom we looked to save us! This is the LORD for whom we looked; let us rejoice and be glad that He has saved us!” Isaiah 25:9 (full readings)
Pat’s Reflections: Let’s look forward to saying today’s verse on Christmas morning! Parents especially can relate to the nervous anticipation leading up to the Christ child’s birth. With only 25 days until the birthday of Jesus, Mary and Joseph must have been feeling the huge responsibility of the pending birth of our Lord. When Angi and I were taking our newborn baby Paige home from the hospital over 10 yrs ago, Angi said with understandable concern, “how am I going to do this?” I gently replied, “you mean, how are We going to do this?” The “We” included many wise men and women who prepared us for that moment. God does provide for His faithful. The LIFE Group is filled with wise men and women who save babies by courageously sharing God’s Love/Truth with parents (song below)…a very real birthday present for Christ. The greatest Christmas gift from God is His Son who gave us eternal life. Thanks be to God that wise men and women still seek Him…and defend His children! Amen.
Faith Challenge: In preparation for Christmas, let’s strive to ease tensions in our family, neighborhood and workplace…be a peacemaker (Feast Day below). As you prepare the way for Christ (Advent), ask God prayerfully for this…Give me Your Eyes (enjoy this song!).
Counter-Culture News: LSN, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life, Live Action
* From ‘naughty’ to ‘nice’: Disney, Wal-Mart now recognize Christmas
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). View, add, update Prayers on our website. Let’s pray now.
* JP received his first Eucharist (means “Thanksgiving”) on Thanksgiving Day…and went back to the hospital the next day. May the Body and Blood of Christ heal JP and us.
* Pope Benedict: “That our personal experience of suffering may be an occasion for better understanding the situation of unease and pain which is the lot of many people who are alone, sick or aged, and stir us all to give them generous help.” During Advent, consider visiting a nursing home with your family…visit with the elderly about their lives…prepare to be blessed!
Feast Day: Blessed John of Vercelli (peacemaker)
Faith Quote: “Do not let yourselves be dispirited by those who have grown deaf to the deepest and most authentic desires of their heart. If you have an ardent desire for the Lord, you will steer clear of the mediocrity and conformism so widespread in our society.” ~ John Paul II
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.
Post A Comment