07 Dec Isaiah 40:25 (who compares?) by Kevin McNicholas
Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (website, Facebook).
“To whom then will you compare Me, that I should be like him? says the Holy One.” ~ Isaiah 40:25 (full readings)
Kevin’s Reflections: To whom will we compare God? No one! He is incomparable! To whom will we compare ourselves? God! He sent His Son to be our model for how to live. If Jesus is reflected in our thoughts, words, and actions, we have accomplished a great part of His work on earth. It can be difficult to be Christ-like in a world that values things that separate us from God. However, surrounding ourselves with other Christians is a great step towards living for Him, today and every day! St. Monica reminds us that “nothing is far from God.” This is our challenge: to live our lives in such a manner that we are not far from God in terms of our thoughts, actions, and beliefs. How can I become closer to God today? Through my own faith, how can I help another person become closer to God?
* Kevin McNicholas and his wife Laura were married in the same chapel where they met and were engaged. They are blessed to be Engaged Encounter Weekend leaders in Belleville, IL.
Faith Challenge: Reflect on how you can become closer to God today at home, at work, and in the community.
Counter-Culture News: LSN, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life, Live Action
* Shocking Stat: Number of Abortions Exceed All Other Deaths Combined in NYC
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion. LIFE Runners Creed & Patron Saint. Add Prayers. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.
Faith Quote: “True holiness does not mean a flight from the world; rather, it lies in the effort to incarnate the Gospel in everyday life, in the family, at school and at work, and in social and political involvement.” ~ Blessed John Paul II
Through Christ our Lord,
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from whatever separates you from God. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Mt 28:19.
Post A Comment