17 Mar Isaiah 49:13 (Open the Eyes of Our Hearts)
Living Faith snippets: “Look around you. With eyes of faith, see the little things that serve you every day. Could it be possible that this is God comforting you in your affliction? Of course, if we choose to remain prisoners in our own bodies, in our own worlds, then we may never be able to experience this love. Open your eyes to the small comforts you take for granted each day.” by Sr. Macrina Viederkehr, O.S.B.
Rich’s comments: At 14 years old, St. Patrick was captured during a raiding party and taken to Ireland to herd and tend sheep. During his 6 years of captivity, he prayed constantly to God, and as a result, his love and faith for God increased. St. Patrick did not let his afflictions weaken his faith in God. He was able to open the eyes of his heart to see the presence of God’s love around him. His faith in God led him to return and evangelize his captors, spreading the news of God’s love. St. Patrick preached the Gospel throughout Ireland and converted thousands. Lord, open the eyes of my heart, for I want to see You. Amen.
Faith Challenges: Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by fwding a devotion or using the Facebook “invite people to join” link.
* NEW: What things in your life remind you of God’s loving presence? Please consider providing comments on the Facebook page.
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies). Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to expose abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free!
* NEW: Georgia Targets Abortion Motivated by Race and Gender: Alarming abortion/birth ratio exposes Black demographic death-spiral.
Feast Day: St. Patrick preached and converted all of Ireland for 40 years. He used the shamrock to explain the Trinity.
Faith Quote: “The Lord opened the understanding of my unbelieving heart, so that I should recall my sins.” – St. Patrick
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).