22 Apr Isaiah 53:5-6 (It is Good)
Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (website, Facebook). >
“But He was pierced for our offenses, crushed for our sins, upon Him was the chastisement that makes us whole, by his stripes we were healed. We had all gone astray like sheep, each following his own way; But the LORD laid upon Him the guilt of us all.” Isaiah 53:5-6 (full readings) >0
Steve’s Reflections: Why is the most solemn, tragic day in history called “Good Friday”? Wouldn’t “Black Friday” be more appropriate? God did for us today what we could not accomplish for ourselves. Just as God said, “It is good” of his creation, so too today he says, “It is good.” Jesus poured out all that he had for you and for me, and when it came to his last breath he cried out, “It is finished.” Jesus did all the wrong things in the worlds eyes – he washed the feet of the apostles to show them what it meant to truly lead and told them “Love one another as I have loved you.” It is good. He waited in the Garden for his dear friend Judas to betray him with a kiss. It is good. He was silent as a lamb before slaughter as Pontius Pilate questioned him. It is good. He took every insult, buffet, lashing under the weight of the wood, the weight of world’s sin. All so that we could be with the Father. It is good. Today is a good day. There is no victory, no resurrection without the cross. Our lives our not our own; they were bought at a price; our ransom has been paid! Today is good because today is the day Love conquered over death. It is good. In the words of Matt Maher in the song Alive Again, “O death where is your sting? O hell where is your victory? O Church come stand in the light. The glory of God has defeated the night!”
* Check out this inspiring song by Matt Maher about the greatest act of Love known to man, the cross – No Greater Love. “And we lift high the banner of the cross! There is no greater love than this. No love but this.”
* Today’s sacred image is by Nellie Edwards (http://www.immaculataart.com/).
Faith Challenge: Make it a good day by attending a Good Friday service. The veneration of the cross is a time to give thanks for all that was accomplished for each of us on the cross. The time from noon to 3 pm is a solemn time to reflect on the passion of Jesus that culminated in his death at 3 pm, the hour of Mercy.
Sr. Francelle’s Devotion: Jesus Came to Serve “Jesus came into this world to do for us what that father did for his son. He paid the price for our sin by his death on the cross.”
Counter-Culture News: LSN, Vatican, AFA, Priests for Life, Live Action >
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now. >
Feast Day: St. Adalbert of Prague “Preaching the Good News can be dangerous work whether the audience is already baptized or not. Adalbert fearlessly preached Jesus’ gospel and received a martyr’s crown for his efforts.”
Faith Quote: “My children, I will be with you only a little longer. You will look for me, and just as I told the Jews, so I tell you now: Where I am going, you cannot come. A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” ~ John 13:34-35
Romans 12:2 .
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.
Comments? To subscribe/unsubscribe to the emails, go to LIFE Group Devotions or LIFE Runners Updates.
Post A Comment