21 Mar Isaiah 53:6 (Good Friday)
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from Living Faith (http://www.livingfaith.com/). Please consider sharing a comment at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
We had all gone astray like sheep, each following his own way. Isaiah 53:6
Living Faith snippets: “When we lose touch with the Shepherd, what else do we have to rely on but our own wits or the way of a few like-minded sheep? Giving up my insistence on having things my way, maybe even parting company with other wanderers, can be very hard. So we today take a hard look at the Shepherd, easily seen nailed to a cross, drawing us, if we are so inclined, to his Way. Lord, into your wounded hands I commend my spirit.” by Mark Neilsen
Stations of the Cross: We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world. As we follow Christ to Easter morning…Jesus is condemned to death, Jesus accepts his cross, Jesus falls the first time, Jesus meets his mother, Simon helps Jesus carry His cross, Veronica wipes the face of Jesus, Jesus falls the second time, Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem, Jesus falls the third time, Jesus is stripped of his garments, Jesus is nailed to the cross, Jesus dies on the cross, The body of Jesus is taken down from the cross…
* Fourteenth station: Jesus is placed in the tomb.
* Reflections/prayers for the stations at http://www.catholic.org/clife/prayers/station.php?id=142.
Pat nuggets: Traditionally, the death of Jesus on Good Friday is recognized at 3 PM. Therefore, at 3 PM today, please take a moment to recognize the cross, which is God’s mercy for us (“no greater love” John 15:13) and “the way” to redemption through the death of our Savior…consider pulling your car over if you are driving, kneeling down if you are in a private place, or bowing your head if you are in a public place. “So I took them in my arms, and we turned and faced the cross. Then I said dear children, watch the lamb.” by Ray Boltz (“Watch the Lamb”)
* Good Friday: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Friday.
* Crucifixion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion.
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Prayers at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* COUGARS devotions at cougarsdaily.blogspot.com.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment