19 May James 3:17-18 (wisdom, weakness)
* Our Great Commission goal: “He said to them [us], “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation” (Mark 16:15). Please consider making a commitment each week to invite at least one friend or family member to join the LIFE Devotions group, providing routine spiritual connection and strength.
ProLife: Last Thurs, the national campaign director of 40 Days for Life, Dave Bereit, gave a talk in Washington, D.C. entitled: “Pro-Life 2.0: Exciting New Developments to Help End Abortion in America.” In the one hour talk, he explored the major trends that leveraged the growth and impact of 40 Days for Life, and how we can use these trends for our ProLife work. He started with a ~15 min summary on the impact of 40 Days for Life (impressive!) and then discussed the trends: Return to God, Bottom Up Empowerment, Collaborative Multiplication, Decentralization of the Media, Shift in Organizational Model, Change of Attitude (expect victory). Hear talk at www.40daysforlife.com/blog/audio/prolife2.mp3.
* New: Please pray for my niece Shantelle (severely misguided by the world).
* If you have an inspiring faith quote, please send it to me for sharing in the devotion.
* Prayer: If you have a prayer request, simply send it to our distribution list at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ProLife websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)! Let’s make room to share with non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead your friend to Christ)…and work on perpetual re-evangelization of ourselves and those close to us (Western culture), drawing closer to God’s will by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service…