20 Mar John 13:15 Holy Thursday (Service to Others)
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from the Living Faith devotional (www.livingfaith.com/). Please consider sharing a comment at life-devotions.blogspot.com.
As I have done for you, you should also do. John 13:15
Living Faith snippets: “In addition to the altar where we meet each Sunday, we gather in the marketplace of life. We are fed by listening to each other’s stories and being sensitive to the many needs that are visible all around us. There are many ways of being Eucharist. Go into the world with the ointment of your life.” by Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr, O.S.B.
Stations of the Cross: As we follow Christ to Easter morning…Jesus is condemned to death, Jesus accepts his cross, Jesus falls the first time, Jesus meets his mother, Simon helps Jesus carry His cross, Veronica wipes the face of Jesus, Jesus falls the second time, Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem, Jesus falls the third time, Jesus is stripped of his garments, Jesus is nailed to the cross…
* We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You. Because, by Your holy cross, You have redeemed the world.
* Twelfth station: Jesus dies on the cross
* Thirteenth station: The body of Jesus is taken down from the cross
* Reflections/prayers for the stations at www.catholic.org/clife/prayers/station.php?id=12.
Rich’s comments: Jesus washed the feet of His beloved disciples (Jn 13:5). Washing feet was the duty of a slave. Though Jesus was free, His amazing love for us led Him to make Himself a slave (Phil 2:7). In Baptism, Jesus has set us free (Jn 8:36). Though we are free, in imitation of Jesus we freely decide to make ourselves the servants and even slaves of others. Slaves of Christ become disciples who speak words and live lives which transform the world for Jesus. Selfish and fearful people refuse to be slaves of Christ and so become slaves of sin (Rm 6:16) who deform the world. Choose your slavery. (Excerpt from One Bread, One Body; http://www.presentationministries.com/)
Go forth to love and serve the Lord and His beloved people. Amen.
Through Christ our Lord,
* Daily Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* LIFE Prayers at life-prayers.blogspot.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites are listed on the blog. “Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die” (Prov 24:11). “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you” (Jer 1:5). “You knit me together in my mother’s womb” (Ps 139:13). “It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish” Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Sr. Francelle devotions at sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com.
* COUGARS devotions at cougarsdaily.blogspot.com.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!