17 Apr John 13:18 (God knows me)
Posted on Thursday 17 April, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
I know those whom I have chosen. John 13:18
Living Faith snippets: “That adolescent feeling [being picked for teams for schoolyard games] is nothing, of course, compared to being known by name and chosen by God. For I’m not sure I would even believe in God if I didn’t think he knew my name. I need a God who knows me better than I know myself. For there is nothing I’d rather hear someday than my God saying: ‘I’ll take that [fill in your name] kid.'” by Steve Givens
Rich’s comments: There are two comforts I gain from today’s devotion. One is that our God has chosen us. He loves us and He wants us to build a relationship with Him (i.e. through prayer, reading scripture, building His kingdom). The other comfort is from knowing that God knows us better than we know ourselves. Having created us, He knows our full potential. He created us for a purpose and He has a special plan for each and every one of us in building His kingdom. We will never realize our full potential without His grace. Lord, may I not focus on my perceived capabilities for You know me better than I know myself. I should instead concentrate on my availability to allow You to work through me to do Your will. Amen.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: If you have a prayer request, simply send it to our distribution list at email@example.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Other devotions: Sr. Francelle (sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com) and COUGARS daily (cougarsdaily.blogspot.com). Would you like to be added?
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment