28 Sep John 1:47 (fog and fear)
Posted on Sunday 28 September, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him and said of him, “Here is a true Israelite. There is no duplicity in him.” John 1:47
Living Faith snippets: “More important than seeing through the exterior behavior of others [fog] is the willingness to examine my own motivations. When I look in the mirror I see someone who is slowly learning to be more generous, more compassionate, but I also see someone who makes choices based more on fear than faith [ProChoice vs ProLife], hangs on to resentments and wants more control. The good news is that I can bring it all to the One who sees my divided heart, yet does not condemn me. Jesus celebrates our smallest steps toward peace, reconciliation, generosity and surrender.” Terri Mifek
* The LIFE Runners are striving to increase ProLife awareness as we prepare for the Chicago Marathon (12 Oct). While running, I often pray for the end of abortion and reflect on God’s will in my life. Chad Livingston captured another spiritual element…”One thing I learned from running: As humans, we move naturally in the direction of our own comfort. As runners, we learn to move through pain toward areas of discomfort. Which, is often where God grows us.”
* “Abortion is the overridingly most important moral issue of our times, all others being important, but rendered irrelevant if the preeminent right to life is destroyed.” Fr. Corapi
* YouTube pulls video on Barack Obama’s extreme pro-abortion (child murder) views. http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=261784
40 Days for Life campaign (24 Sep to 2 Nov): http://www.40daysforlife.com/
* Campaigns in 179 cities in 47 states (24/7 for 40 days). Please consider signing up to pray an hour in front your local abortion mill.
* 40 Days for Life coordinators across the nation have reported 48 babies saved from abortion! Jerry Klazura shared: “A baby’s life has been saved in Colorado Springs (Fri, 26 Sep)! Yesterday, a number of people were praying outside the clinic when 2 young women drove up and got out of their car. The friend of the woman scheduled to get an abortion yelled out, “I’m with you! Pray for her!” The prayer warriors who were there continued to pray fervently. Then came a period of time when the women would go into the clinic for a while and then come out and talk to each other. This continued for some time until the women came out once more. The friend talked to a vigil participant who was reading Scripture out loud. He gave the friend the Bible and a verse to read and she read it with her friend– Isaiah 49:15 . “Can a mother forget her infant, be without tenderness for the child of her womb? Even should she forget, I will never forget you.” After reading this together, the girls went home.” by Michele Mason (C. Springs 40 Days for Life director)
* ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/
Our Prayers: Abortion’s end, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer cure, prisoners, leaders integrity, loss of loved ones, lack of faith.
* NEW: Rob Ouellette (St. Patrick parish special intentions), Scott Casmer (special intention)
Feast Day (St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St Raphael): http://www.universalis.com/20080929/today.htm
Faith Quote: “Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren [the unborn!], you did it to me.” Mt 25:40
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!