24 Aug John 1:51 (Angel Flight)
Posted on Tuesday 24 August, 2010
“Amen, amen, I say to you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.” John 1:51 (full readings)
* Hummingbirds are amazing creatures that remind me of angels. We keep our hummingbird feeder filled. The hummingbirds seem to know that we care for them, often looking in the window and flying within a couple feet of us. When I arrived home yesterday, a hummingbird was flying around in the garage. The hummingbird landed and was obviously exhausted from trying to escape. After no response to my prodding, I gently picked him up and carried him to the hummingbird feeder (today’s image). He just laid motionless on the perch, too weak to drink. I didn’t think he was going to make it. After 15 min his hummingbird friends shook him! After 30 minutes he finally was able to lift his head and take a long drink…and within 5 minutes he was flying again! This blessed experience caused me to reflect on how God so often picks us up and gives us our daily bread. On the way home yesterday, God used me to give a homeless man a McDonald’s gift card (keep a few in my car) and a “God bless you!” James 2:14-17.
* The hummingbird’s life was saved because he recognized the life saving food. 90% of Mothers who see their Baby in an ultrasound…do not abort (kill). This is why the LIFE Runners are passionately raising $ for the Alpha Center crisis pregnancy bus (free ultrasounds). Your LIFE Runners donation will help save the precious Unborn…thank you for considering! http://marathon-for-life.blogspot.com/
* When we fall, our Heavenly Father helps us finish the ProLife race set before us! Check out this inspiring short video: Never Ever Give Up.
* This song is dedicated to our Fallen Heroes: “Feels kind of like church in here tonight…doesn’t matter where we touch down…on the Angel Flight it’s sacred ground.” Angel Flight.
Faith Challenge: As part of the Body of Christ, find an opportunity to lift someone up today (encouragement!).
* Pope Benedict (For those who are without work or homes or who are otherwise in serious need. That the Church may be a home for all people.)
* Pam McGushin (Terry Reszel cancer), Molly Barber (health), Joe Hourigan (his Dad’s health)
Feast Day: St. Bartholomew
Faith Quote: “Let us show the whole world Christ crucified as our wisdom and our strength. Look to Him; do not ignore Him!” Pope John Paul II
Through Christ our Lord,