24 Apr John 15:9 (God’s love)
Posted on Thursday 24 April, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com).
As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. John 15:9
Living Faith snippets: Sometimes Scripture passages I have read countless times suddenly stand out as if in highlight. That happened with this verse. I was struck with a new realization that I am loved ‘as the Father loves’ the Son. The love is that intense, personal and intimate.” by Patricia Livingston
Rich’s comments: Mother Theresa’s answer for world peace was to “go home and love your family.” I heard one day on the radio a pastor say that FAMILY is an acronym that stands for Forget About Me I Love You. I always try to remember this little acronym and how real love is unselfish. God showed us how to love through His Son Jesus Christ. God’s love is free, total, faithful, and fruitful. Dear Lord, help us to reflect on the love relationships in our lives, especially the ones that are not bearing fruit, and help us to see where we have not been free, total or faithful in them. Help us to renew our commitment to love the people in our relationships in a free, total, faithful and fruitful way. Amen.
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: If you have a prayer request, simply send it to our distribution list at email@example.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ProLife websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!