30 Apr John 16:12 (re-evangelization)
Living Faith snippets: “Jesus indicates there is much the disciples still need to hear and understand, but they are not ready for it. Jesus then assures them that when the Spirit comes, they will be able to receive the Truth needed to change their lives. This Truth comes after the disciples enter into the suffering and death of Jesus. We yearn to know the mysteries of God and our personal journeys, but the deep meaning of our life experience is often revealed only after we have suffered through the tough times [realizing our total dependency on God]. Spirit of God, help me to open to your Truth and to be patient while my heart is readied to receive it.” by Sr. Joyce Rupp
* Distro: Replies to this and future devotion emails will now only go to the sender of the message. If you want to send the message to everyone, you have to copy/paste the distribution list email in the “to” box.
* Sr. Francelle: She is out of the hospital and back online! May God bless us with many more years connected with His wonderful gift of Sr. Francelle :).
* Mark and Chad snippets: At cougarsdaily.blogspot.com, Chad Livingston shared, “May we take joy in knowing our redeemer lives. “For I know that my Redeemer lives” (Job 19:25).” Last night, Mark Foster presented the Nicene Creed and shared this verse: “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse” (Rom 1:20). These verses reminded me of the song “Redeemer” by Nicole Mullins. Here are a few snippets: “Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning? And who told the ocean you can only come this far? And who showed the moon where to hide till evening? Well I know my Redeemer lives. All of creation testifies. This life within me cries. I know my Redeemer lives. The very same God that spins things in orbit. Runs to the weary, the worn and the weak. And the same gentle hands that hold me when I’m broken. They conquered death to bring me victory. Now I know, my Redeemer lives…He lives to take away my shame. And He lives forever I’ll proclaim that the payment for my sins was the precious life He gave. And now He’s alive and there’s an empty grave! And I know my Redeemer lives. Because He lives I can face tomorrow. He lives…I spoke with Him this morning! He Lives! I’m going to tell everybody!”
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Prayer: If you have a prayer request, simply send it to our distribution list at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.”
* Defend the unborn: ProLife websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)! Let’s make time to share with unbelievers…and to re-evangelize ourselves and our Western culture.