02 Apr John 19:16 (GOOD FRIDAY)
Then [Pilate] handed [Jesus] over to them. John 19:16 (full readings)
Sr. Francelle’s Devotion Snippets: “Good Friday is the saddest day of the year. On this day, we walk with Jesus as He carries His cross in sorrow. The Stations of the Cross often bring tears to my eyes, as it wasn’t just a cross of wood He carried on his shoulder; instead, it was my sins. Each of us has our own hidden sorrows deep within our hearts; if we unite our pain with the sorrows of Jesus and Mary, they will help us to bear them. As He hung in pain for three long hours on the cross, He looks ahead to all who will reject Him and lose their souls to hell, despite the chance they have to be saved.” Easter Joy
Steve’s Thoughts: Good Friday. At noon Christ began his horrific journey to Golgotha. We know that he gave up his spirit at approximately 3pm. The devotion is arriving at the hour of his passion to honor Jesus and to focus our time with him today. Why do we call it “Good”? All the sins of the past, present, and future were reconciled on the Cross that day; today. The innocent lamb, led to slaughter, made that sacrifice for all of humanity in one glorious act. We say in mass, “Lord by your cross and resurrection, you have set us free. You are the savior of the world.” Let us rejoice in those words today as we contemplate the magnitude of this glorious, “Good” Friday. Lord Jesus, let us remember your sacrifice for us today at the hour of your death; 3pm.
* Watch the Lamb Video by Ray Boltz – This will help you enter into Good Friday…
Faith Challenges: Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by forwarding devotions or using the Facebook “invite people” link.
* NEW: I once heard it said many would gladly give up their life to save a son, but who could give up the life of their ONLY Son to save the life of another? Please consider sharing your devotion thoughts on the Facebook page, to be appreciated by many.
Counter-Culture News: 40 Days for Life, LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death in America (23% of pregnancies). Let’s courageously share ProLife Truth to expose abortion’s unjust peace, rebuilding a Culture of Life for setting the unborn (and parents) free.
Faith Quote: “As Jesus stepped into the garden, you were in His prayers. As Jesus looked into heaven, you were in His vision. His final prayer was about you. His final pain was for you. His final passion was you.” by Deacon Adejoh
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, pornography, bitterness, criticalness, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead a friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19).