14 Sep John 3:14-15 (Triumph of the Holy Cross) by Stephanie Kemp
Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB). Guest Authors schedule. LIFE Minute radio.
“The Son of Man must be lifted up as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert, so that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life.” ~ John 3:14-15 (full readings)
Stephanie’s Reflections: Today is the Feast of the Triumph of the Holy Cross. Devotion to the Holy Cross dates back to the earliest days of the Church. Through the Passion and Death of Our Lord, the cross, a ghastly means of persecution and torture, became a throne of glory. In the 7th century, St. John Damascene wrote: “The cross is God’s instrument to lift up those who have fallen, to support those who are still on their feet fighting. It is a crutch for the crippled and a guide for the wayward.” If we embrace the cross with love, it can be a source of life and joy. For over 17 years, Fr. Bill has offered up every Saturday morning to celebrate Mass on the sidewalk at Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. He understands that in addition to praying at home or in church, we need to remember that Jesus went to the people, where they needed Him the most. We will never know how many mothers have turned away from an abortion decision as a result of Fr. Bill’s and other’s faithful presence on the sidewalk. He was responsible for the purchase of an RV which is currently being turned into a beautiful Mobile Pregnancy Center. When completed it will help countless, confused and desperate mothers seeking help, and not a final end, to their crisis pregnancy. May we all joyfully embrace the cross that is ours in the pro-life movement and like him, help others to carry theirs with courage, humility and joy…no matter the cost.
* Stephanie Kemp is the oldest of twelve and mother of three grown sons. Stephanie is a LIFE Runners partner with over a marathon (26.2) of years with Pro-Life work. She is the Respect Life Coordinator for St. Peter parish in Monument, CO.
* Today’s image was taken by Pat Castle at The King’s Men retreat on 9 Sep. In the background is the chapel for perpetual adoration of the Eucharist.
Faith Challenge: Jesus was not condemned by the power of wicked people but by the silence of good people. Pray for our pastors that they will find the courage to take up the cross of defending life. Challenge yourself and encourage your pastor today to join you in prayer outside of abortion mills…to call America out of it’s apathy. If people of faith don’t do it, who else will?
Counter-Culture News: LSN, LifeNews, Priests for Life, Vatican, Project Rachel
Our Prayers: Prayer to end abortion, Spiritual Adoption, Alpha Center, Peters family (JP). Add Prayers on our website. Pray with meals, bedtime, wake up, LIFE Runners, etc. Consider mid-week Family Rosary (17 min). Let’s pray now.
* Lord Jesus, you emptied yourself, taking the form of a servant. Grant that your people may follow the example of your humility and imitate your obedience with willing acceptance of the trials before us in the battle for life. Help us to persevere to the end. Amen.
Feast Day: Triumph of the Holy Cross: “How radiant is that precious cross which brought us our salvation. Through the cross we are victorious. With the cross we shall reign. By the cross all evil is destroyed, Alleluia!” ~ Liturgy of the Hours
Faith Quote: “Don’t ever underestimate the beauty and power of the witness you give in your pro-life work. One thing we learn from Scripture is that God doesn’t have much use for the vain or the prideful. But he loves the anawim– the ordinary, simple, everyday people who keep God’s Word, who stay faithful to His commandments, and who sustain the life of the world by leavening it with their own goodness. That’s the work we are called to do. Don’t ever forget it. If you speak up for the unborn in this life, someone will speak up for you in the next, when we meet God face to face.” ~ Archbishop Charles Chaput, April 2011
Through Christ our Lord,
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (22% pregnancies). Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa.
* Evangelize: Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.
Post A Comment