23 Mar John 4:50 (open to healing)
Posted on Monday 23 March, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
The man believed what Jesus said to him and left. John 4:50
Living Faith snippets: “This royal official placed his trust in Jesus’ promise of healing, and he was not disappointed. He trusted a simple carpenter and returned home with blessed assurance. Today let us try to imitate him. Figuratively speaking, look around you at the “simple carpenters” in your midst–the ones you would least expect to utter words of healing for you. Open your heart. Discover the healing ointment they carry in the fragile vessels of their lives. Allow yourself to be vulnerable to the healing that you need. Sometimes it comes from unlikely sources.” by Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr, O.S.B.
Rich’s comments: I personally find it difficult to accept a compliment, or to receive kind words. I just don’t know how to react. At other times I find myself too busy and overwhelmed to notice that someone is being kind to me. I need to train myself to live life slower in a sense and be observant of the subtle moments when I am graced by kind words of a stranger or a friend. These people are a source of Christ’s healing for me. Likewise, I need to be a source of healing for others. Jesus, teach us to trust and be open to the healing resources you have placed in our lives. Amen.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News. Suggestions?* NEW: Be a source of healing for someone today.
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images
)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s share ProLife
Truth (John 14:6
)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16
* NOW (25 Feb-5 Apr): Support the 40 Days for Life
campaign by praying by an abortion mill for one hour (Matt 26:40
)…let’s defend the voiceless unborn!
Pro-Life Conference Tidbits: A representative from the Center for Bioethical Reform (CBR) was present to speak at the Florida Students for Life Conference. CBR is a Pro-Life organization that shows graphic images of abortion on the internet, around college campuses, on the sides of moving trucks, and on banners flown in the sky over beaches. “CBR exists to make abortion impossible to ignore or trivialize, until people are bothered enough to stop the killing.” CBR’s Genocide Awareness Project (GAP) equates images of the holocaust, Rwandan massacre, and other globally accepted examples of genocide to the legalized genocide of unborn children. GAP has been very successful in starting discussions about abortion on campuses across the U.S. “When abortion is hidden, abortion is tolerated.”
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, jobs, Paul Cote (sister Christine with cancer), John Lown
in ICU), Sharmane
Calvin (Dr. Earl passed away/his family), Kathy Castle (16 cars pulled into Planned Parenthood with young girls), Carla Neal (Katelyn, Mollie, Pam Bert, Edna, Maureen, Cathy, Robin and their families)
Faith Quote: “Each one of them is Jesus in disguise.” by Mother Teresa
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!