26 Mar John 5:39-40 (come to Jesus to seek life)
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Pro-Life Conference tidbits: We have established that abortion is discrimination and pro-abortionists discriminate against the unborn, but is it possible that pro-lifers also discriminate against the unborn? If we heard that 3,600 innocent people were about to be killed in our town, would our hearts not move us to do everything in our power to try to stop it. It is easy to be pro-life, but it is much more difficult to be actively pro-life. We as pro-lifers need to display urgency and concern for the severity of abortion. Do not show complacency. Another 3,600 unborn babies are going to die today. What are you going to do?
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Prayer to end abortion, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, jobs, Paul Cote (sister Christine with cancer), Sharmane Calvin (Dr. Earl passed away/his family), Kathy Castle (16 cars pulled into Planned Parenthood with young girls), Carla Neal (Katelyn, Mollie, Pam Bert, Edna, Maureen, Cathy, Robin and their families)
Faith Quote: “I believe in person to person. Every person is Christ for me, and since there is only one Jesus, that person is the one person in the world at that moment.” – Mother Teresa
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!