07 Apr John 6:26-27
Posted on Monday 07 April, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion, which has snippets from Living Faith (http://www.livingfaith.com/).
Amen, amen, I say to you, you are looking for me not because you saw signs but because you ate the loaves and were filled. Do not work for food that perishes but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. John 6:26-27
Living Faith snippets: “Just as the people in the Gospel received the loaves, so we too have received material benefits from God. The temptation is to get lost in the gifts and to miss their deeper meaning. Every gift reveals the love of the one who gives it, and that is the most important part of the gift. This is what Jesus wanted the people to understand. Jesus’ giving of the loaves preceded the gift of Jesus’ presence, which he gives us in the Eucharist.” by Fr. Kenneth E. Grabner
* Sr. Francelle has recovered from her visit to the intensive care unit (Amen!). She writes, “Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” (John 14:27) Since my heart was doing unusual things, this verse from John’s Gospel helped me get through the past few days – but I am now back at work and good to go.”
* This past weekend I went on retreat to the Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH. I stayed with Bobby and Christi Aborn, close friends from our Turkey AF assignment (2000-2002). The Aborns work for the university (outreach) and have dedicated their home to Our Lady of Fatima. They have three wonderful women of faith living with them: Stephanie Rambran (student), Kristy McClintock (campus outreach), and Kelly Pease (professional Christian singer). I was also blessed to fellowship with many of their friends…true disciples of Christ. The highlight experience was celebrating Mass on campus…the church was filled to capacity and everyone was giving 110% while praising God! Bobby shared this prayer from St. Josemaria Escriva: “May we seek Him. May we find Him. May we love Him.” Let’s encourage each other to make a retreat weekend with our Lord every year!
Saint Feast Day (St. John Baptist de la Salle): “He dedicated more than forty years of his life to the education of the children of the poor. He standardized educational practices and wrote inspirational meditations on the ministry of teaching.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Baptist_de_la_Salle
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml.
* Prayer: If you have a prayer request, simply send it to our distribution list at email@example.com. Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others (so let’s pray daily!). Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” “If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him” (author unknown).
* Defend the unborn: Pro-Life websites at life-devotions.blogspot.com. ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Click for Prayer to End Abortion.
* Other devotions: Sr. Francelle (sisterfrancelle.blogspot.com) and COUGARS daily (cougarsdaily.blogspot.com). Would you like to be added?
* Share the Good News: Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment