30 Mar John 8:7 (put down the stone…)
Posted on Monday 30 March, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Let the one among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her. John 8:7
Living Faith snippets: “None of us truly knows the full story of another. So often what we think about others is off the mark. Monk and mystic Wayne Teasdale writes, “We can only judge others if we can fulfill two conditions: that we know the other’s heart totally, and that we love them unconditionally. Only God can possibly meet these two conditions.”” by Sr. Joyce Rupp
* Only God can judge the person (heart), but God has equipped us (Natural Law, Holy Spirit/Bible) to judge actions/decisions, allowing us to love/serve each other back to the Truth.
LIFE Group nuggets:
* Ann Schaefbauer shared today’s “LIFE” picture and commented: “When we were out to pray at the 40 Days for Life vigil here in Sioux Falls, this is the message that we were pleasantly surprised to be greeted with! Rosary $25, Boots to keep your feet warm for the hour $90, “LIFE” message to greet you upon arrival at Planned Parenthood…PRICELESS!”
* Kathy Castle shared this snippet from Carmen Pate on the 40 Days for Life blog, “Intervention at the appropriate time in the decision-making process may spare both the young man and woman from the lifelong pain and trauma of abortion. Biblical counseling for post-abortive men and women is essential for them to heal and begin their life a new in Christ.”
* Kelly Benson shared this article about a case that “vividly reveals the deep incoherence of the pro-choice position”, Allowing the Mask to Slip.
Faith Challenge: Let’s challenge each other to joyfully live out the Good News. Suggestions?
* NOW (25 Feb-5 Apr): Support the 40 Days for Life campaign by praying by an abortion mill for one hour (Matt 26:40)…let’s defend the voiceless unborn!
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s share ProLife Truth (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16)!
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas below.
* Prayer to end abortion, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife politicians, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, jobs
* NEW: Angi Castle (Uncle Don passed away), Therese Castle (Ashleigh Hedger is bed ridden, her baby is having complications)
Faith Quote: “God closes doors no man can open, & God opens doors no man can close.” author unknown (shared by Kathy Castle)
Through Christ For ProLife,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully invite others to join our LIFE Group…Rich or Pat will gladly add them to the devotions distribution list (Mark 16:15)!