21 Aug LIFE Runners Campaign (28 Aug – 6 Oct) beneficiaries!
Our fundraising efforts spread awareness, save mothers heartache, save children’s lives, and give others an opportunity to be part of this mission…All In Christ for Pro-Life! “I don’t like asking people to give money; but, I have found that people are willing to do just that for this cause…amazing.”
Campaign (28 Aug – 6 Oct): Each adult LIFE Runner is encouraged to raise/contribute at least $262 each year for Pro-Life beneficiaries designated by team, with option to select your own Pro-Life beneficiary (at least $100 for team beneficiaries). Our 2013 team beneficiaries are Rapid City Care Net prc (ultrasound), Sioux Falls Alpha Center prc (mobile medical center), Vitae Foundation (national Pro-Life media). Goal is $100,000. All three are non-profit (tax deductible). More beneficiary info below.
Guidance: Set up your own Razoo fundraising page for one or more beneficiaries: Rapid City Care Net prc, Sioux Falls Alpha Center prc, Vitae Foundation (national Pro-Life media). Tech support at (866)437-1952.
* After set up, make a sacrificial donation on your page and note that…lead by example. Set a big goal and ask sponsors to give big. Costs $1,200 to save one child through pregnancy resource centers.
* For best results, email your fundraising website to individuals (not group email) with a personal invitation to be part of our life-saving mission. Ask family/friends to be a sponsor at one of these levels: 5K ($31), 10K ($62), 13.1mi ($131), 26.2mi ($262), save one child ($1,200). Ask sponsors to pray for our mission and ask them for prayer requests to lift up during running time…prayer changes things! Invite your sponsors to receive our LIFE Group Devotions (FB).
* Speak at church and with Pro-Life groups for recruiting LIFE Runners and donations. Ask your local Knight of Columbus Council to sponsor you for $262 to $1,200 (cost to save one child). Go door to door!
* Offline donations are made out to beneficiary and mailed to beneficiary by 28 Sep (“for LIFE Runners” noted). For compiling impact, email fundraising total to contact@LIFErunners.org by 4 Oct (announced 5 Oct).
2013 LIFE Runners Team Beneficiaries: Sioux Falls Alpha Center (mobile medical center), Rapid City Care Net (ultrasound), Vitae Foundation (national Pro-Life media). Goal $100,000.
* Care Net pregnancy resource center was established in 1985 as the Black Hills Crisis Pregnancy Center. For over 28 years we have been providing compassionate and confidential support for women and men experiencing unplanned pregnancies. We are a Non Profit 501c3 corporation who files 990 annually. We operate under a local Board of Directors who bring a broad range of business and community experience to help direct our organization. Financed predominately by private donations the Care Net Pregnancy Resource Center offers a variety of services to give women and men hope for their future and help them confidently carry their baby to term. We adhere to and follow the Donor Bill of Rights for Non-Profit Organization. Our local center submits to the affiliation guidelines of these National Organizations: Care Net, National Institute for Life Advocates, Heartbeat International, Christian Leadership Alliance, American Association of Christian Counselors and the North American Missions Board. Learn more about our program and free services at www.carenetprc.com.
* Vitae Foundation has saved more lives over the past 21 years than what the Notre Dame Football stadium could hold. Through their research based media they change attitudes on abortion and drive pregnant women in need to pregnancy help centers that offer real/free help. Their focus is on the top 25 media markets which represents more than half the U.S. population. Their proven success is seen in their remarkable results. Early on, Vitae teamed up with the top consumer psychologist, Dr. Charles Kenny, to conduct research that revolutionized how the pro-life movement speaks to pregnant women in need. It is now part of the curriculum of the pro-life Vita Institute at Notre Dame University and is used by many other organizations around the world. Their first study was featured in First Things magazine and a second one appeared in American Thinker. That research determines Vitae’s media messaging for print, on air and online media. What started in Missouri with ads airing in that state only has since grown into the largest public information campaign that is changing our culture to one that has a greater respect for human life. Moreover, in the past 21 years, Vitae ads have aired in over 90 U.S. markets and 16 foreign countries. Paying for research and buying media is expensive. Since their inception, Vitae has raised over $70 million and on average 79 percent has gone to program. Where Vitae ads go up, abortions go down. Videos about Vitae shorter video (4 min/2013) more in depth with endorsements (12 min/2007).
LIFE Runners Team Beneficiaries:
* 2013: Sioux Falls Alpha Center (mobile medical center), Rapid City Care Net (ultrasound), Vitae Foundation (national Pro-Life media). Goal $100,000.
* 2012: St. Louis ThriVe mobile medical center, St. Louis Good Shepherd (for keeping families together), Sioux Falls Alpha Center mobile medical center, Other (Vitae Foundation, Project Rachel, etc). Total over $52,000.
* 2011: Sioux Falls Alpha Center mobile medical center ($25,000) and Kansas City Wyandotte mobile medical center (over $10,000).
* 2010: raised $7,000 for Sioux Falls Alpha Center mobile medical center.
* 2009: raised $2,100 to help A Woman’s Answer (Gainsville, FL) get an ultrasound through the Knights of Columbus program.
* 2008: teammates contributed to these Pro-Life ministries, raising over $4,000: Alpha Center (SD), Arbor House (FL), Elizabeth New Life Center (OH), Old Colorado City Pregnancy Center, Project Rachel (national).