20 Oct Luke 12:15 (let Christ lead your vote)
Posted on Monday 20 October, 2008
* Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Take care to guard against all greed, for though one may be rich, one’s life does not consist of possessions. Luke 12:15
Living Faith snippets: “Our lives, as the Scriptures state, do not consist of a race to accumulate possessions; there are so many nonmaterial realities that are much more important: love, hope, family, faith, [ProLife].” by David Nantais
* Angi and I went to the Fireproof movie on Sat night. Please go see the movie this week because it has a powerful message for married people and those preparing to get married…plus it supports Christian film making!
* Please watch this 3 min video on letting Christ lead your vote http://www.catholicvote.com/. Regarding today’s verse, let’s not let fear about the economy cause us to compromise the ProLife issue which trumps all other voting issues. Without life, the other issues are meaningless. This is precisely what was preached by Deacon Mike at St. Peter church yesterday morning. Afterwards, I clapped for him loudly…I was surprised that only 25% of the congregation joined my applause. The fear and pain surrounding abortion is a web of evil that has entangled souls, minds, hearts and hands from clapping…even in the safety of a faith community. While running yesterday afternoon, I prayed for the unborn and began weeping as I thought about the 3,700 innocent babies aborted each day. Boldly act to keep the ProLife issue in the spotlight, especially for this election (which will likely determine Roe vs Wade for many decades to come). At least talk up Roe vs Wade with those close to you…you might be surprised to hear their positions. It is not too late to be God’s instrument in changing and encouraging hearts to speak up and clap. Please consider spending one hour with Christ praying in front of an abortion mill this weekend. When you are asked about what you did over the weekend, tell them what you did…your sacrifice will loudly tell the Truth about abortion. Whenever you need motivation to defend life, close your eyes and remember the thousands of innocent babies dying everyday… and remember our innocent Christ dying on the cross so that we can live. Would Jesus Christ want us to vote for a Pro-Death candidate?
40 Days for Life campaign (24 Sep to 2 Nov): Campaigns in 179 cities in 47 states (24/7 for 40 days). Please sign up to pray an hour in front your local abortion mill.
* Updates from the national director, David Bereit, at http://www.40daysforlife.com/.
* ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/
Our Prayers: Abortion’s end, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer cure, prisoners, leaders integrity, loss of loved ones, lack of faith, Rob (St. Patrick’s parish prayer list)
* NEW: Robert Cox (his wife Meghan is pregnant and recovering from gall bladder surgery), Tina Castle (Jason Peter’s son has HSAN condition)
* Lets pray for a change of heart for all Pro-Death candidates like Barack Obama [based on shocking voting record]. That is “the change we can believe in.” Let’s also pray for courage to let Christ lead our vote…and to publicly talk up and clap for ProLife.
Feast Day (St. Paul of the Cross): http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=810
Faith Quote: “This past weekend a group of friends [LIFER’s] ran the Chicago Marathon [12 Oct] with a cause of Pro-Life. Several thousand dollars were raised to give to many different organizations in an effort to end this injustice in America. To be part of this was something amazing [answering God’s call, being part of the solution]. One [runner’s] shirt that stands out read, “Love Wins”.” by Chad Livingston at C-O-U-G-A-R-S Daily
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!