17 Oct Luke 12:6 (do not be afraid)
* Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God. Luke 12:6
Living Faith snippets: “People are more often driven into bad behavior by fear. Jesus often counseled us not to be afraid. He knew from where most of our sinful behavior comes. Lord, help me overcome my fears and trust in you.” by Msgr Stephen J. Rossetti
Pat nuggets: Thank you to Rich Reich, Steve Castle, David DiNuzzo, and Cleta Jasper for sending out such a powerful summary of the Truth about abortion. Their inspired words encourage us to boldly defend the unborn in these final days before this election. Let’s encourage our pastors to speak about ProLife as the #1 foot of the cross issue of this election. Let’s continue to lovingly, yet boldly, profess the Truth to those around us. Rich Reich and I have “I vote ProLife” car license plate holders (see today’s picture). If you don’t want to “stick” a bumper sticker on your car, buy a roll of magnetic tape to put it on your car (Stephanie Kemp’s idea). If we don’t have an ultrasound or a 12 wk baby model, use the love of Christ to shine the light of Truth on abortion. Many people don’t want to accept that abortion is murder because it makes them accept some responsibility, but this begins their journey to reconciliation with God (and themselves) and healing through Christ…saving lives, physically and spiritually! We are ProLife warriors…the time is now to boldly act to keep this issue in the spotlight. Whenever you need motivation, remember those innocent babies dying… and close your eyes and picture our Christ on the cross, giving everything to save our lives. Christ says to us, do not be afraid…I am with you always! Lord, please forgive me for what I have done and what I have failed to do.
40 Days for Life campaign (24 Sep to 2 Nov): Campaigns in 179 cities in 47 states (24/7 for 40 days). Please sign up to pray an hour in front your local abortion mill.
* Updates from the national director, David Bereit, at http://www.40daysforlife.com/.
* ProLife news: http://www.lifenews.com/
Our Prayers: Abortion’s end, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, dementia, cancer cure, prisoners, leaders integrity, loss of loved ones, lack of faith
* Wednesday is “pray with your family night” (Rosary, Bible reading, etc)…the family that prays together (even if geographically separate), stays together.
* NEW: Rob (St. Patrick’s parish prayer list)
Feast Day (St. Ignatius of Antioch): “St. Peter appointed him Bishop of Antioch, which he governed for forty years. He was condemned to be taken in chains to Rome, there to be devoured by two fierce lions. He ended his saintly life by exclaiming, “May I become agreeable bread to the Lord.”” http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=677
Faith Quote: “No earthly pleasures, no kingdoms of this world can benefit me in any way. I prefer death in Christ Jesus to power over the farthest limits of the earth. He who died in place of us is the one object of my quest. He who rose for our sakes is my one desire. Do not talk about Jesus Christ as long as you love this world.” by St. Ignatius of Antioch
Through Christ for ProLife,
* Today’s Bible readings at www.usccb.org/nab/today.shtml. Reflection on readings at http://www.daily-meditations.org/index2.html
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa. Prayer to End Abortion.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for non-believers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!
Post A Comment