24 Nov Luke 17:15-16,19 (Life-saving Thanksgiving!)
Welcome God now with this LIFE Group Devotion (FB), provided by LIFE Runners (FB). Upcoming Guest Authors.
“…realizing he had been healed, [he] returned, glorifying God in a loud voice; and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked Him. Stand up and go; your faith has saved you.” ~ Luke 17:15-16, 19 (full readings)
Pat’s Reflections: Thanks be to God for our LIFE Group! In today’s Gospel, the Samaritan’s faith led him to go out of his way to thank our Lord…and Jesus gave him eternal life. Gratitude saves lives. Looking someone in the eye and saying thank you brings them dignity to realize their eternal worth…preventing darkness like suicide and abortion. In preparation for Thanksgiving three years ago, Paige’s teacher asked each student to say one thing they were thankful for…Paige said, “Jesus.” That is the most important lesson to teach our children…because it brings them eternal life. At Mass last weekend, after the bells rang signifying the consecration of the bread (Eucharist), a pre-school girl said “what happened?”….Jesus happened! Eucharist literally means “thanksgiving”…and the Eucharist brings us eternal life (John 6:51-69). Before the big meal today, let’s first gather together to thank Jesus for the moment He healed us and gave us eternal life. Then, look your loved ones in the eye and thank them!
Faith Challenge: Go out of your way to give Thanks…could save your life…and others. Today, invite your family and friends to receive the LIFE Group Devotions (sign up on FB or website)…a free Christ-mas gift to shine Light on Black Friday.
Feast Day: St. Andrew Dung-Lac and Companions.
* “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” ~ William Arthur Ward
* “It has seemed to me fit and proper that [the gifts of God] should be solemnly, reverently, and gratefully acknowledged with one heart and one voice by the whole American people. I do, therefore, invite my fellow citizens…to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next as a day of thanksgiving and praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the heavens.” ~ President Abraham Lincoln (1863)
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Pray/Fast: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. Fast from things that take your eyes off Jesus. Those who pray together stay together, and close to God!
* Save Unborn (& family): Abortion reality (images)…#1 death cause (23% pregnancies).Prov 24:11 & Jer 1:5. “A great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish.” Mother Teresa
* Evangelize:Make room for unbelievers & re-evangelization of self, by way of prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of love (service/sacrifice/mercy). Matt 28:19.