13 May Luke 24:51 The Ascension of the Lord
Living Faith snippets: “I have always had a sad sense of abandonment when I think about the Ascension. ‘Jesus is gone; what do we do now?’ I imagine the apostles saying. Mary remained after Jesus ascended to his Father, and she gave insight, guidance and tender care to those following him. Remember that she still does the same for us. Dear Jesus, when I feel that you have disappeared from my sight, remind me to look at Mary.” by Rebecca Sande
Rich’s comments: Early on in my Faith, I believed in Jesus and His resurrection, but I saw Him only as a historical figure; a mysterious God-man who died for our sins thousands of years ago. This perspective makes one feel distant from our Lord and leads to a sad sense of abandonment, because a necessary relationship with Jesus Christ is lacking. Since then, I have matured in my Faith and have built a relationship with Jesus through prayer, worship, and scripture. By maintaining a daily connection to Jesus, He becomes real to me in the present and dissolves all sense of abandonment. Lord, may I always remember that You are here with me now. Amen.
* Read Sr. Francelle’s devotion “Unless the grain of wheat dies...” and learn about dying to self and living for God.
Faith Sharing: Let’s generously share the LIFE Group by forwarding devotions or using the Facebook “invite people” link.
* NEW: How can you stay connected to Jesus? Please consider sharing comments (or “like” button) on the Facebook page, to encourage many…thank you!
Counter-Culture News: LifeSiteNews, Vatican, American Family Association, Priests for Life
* Reality of abortion (images), #1 cause of death (23% of pregnancies). Expose this unjust peace, setting unborn/parents free.
* NEW: Catholic Bishop: Social Worker Wanted My Mom to Abort Me During the Depression; Bishop Galeone was the keynote speaker at the Banquet for Life hosted by A Woman’s Answer Medical Center (crisis pregnance center) in Gainesville, Florida, where the ultrasound machine that the LIFE Group assisted raising money for was presented.
Our Prayers: Those who pray together stay together, and close to God (footnotes). Peters family (JP), Prayer to end abortion.
* NEW: Ann Schaefbauer (repose of the soul of mother in law Becky, strength for family)
* NEW: Rich Reich (cousin Tom Hanson – surgery this week to remove colon; suffering from Familial Adenomatous Polyposis), (uncle Patrick Justet – blood clots in leg), (Sara Ragan – special intention).
Faith Quote: “He ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.” – Apostles Creed
Through Christ our Lord,
Post A Comment