08 Jan Luke 4:28-29 (fear not, speak the truth)
Posted on Thursday 08 January, 2009
Welcome God every morning before your work by taking ~5 min to read this Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which has snippets from Living Faith (livingfaith.com). All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
When the people in the synagogue heard this, they were all filled with fury. They rose up, drove him out of town. Luke 4:28-29
Living Faith snippets: “Those [Jesus] knew quite well–his own people–rejected him in words and actions he could understand quite well. The truth is hard to hear. It’s even harder to speak, knowing how it’s usually received, isn’t it?” Amy Welborn
Rich’s comments Over 4,000 children are killed by abortion in America every single day. You would never hear this statement of truth on the news or see it printed in the newspaper. However, everyday we hear and read news reports about those dying from starvation in Africa, those murdered through civil war, deaths from AIDS and other diseases, deaths from natural disasters. Abortion is one of the most common surgical procedures in the U.S., but the average American knows little of its gruesome reality. Million dollar ad campaigns have schooled us in “choice”, but told us nothing of abortion itself. I think about the popularity of these new Truth advertisements on television that reveal the hazards of tobacco smoking, and I ask myself, why are we so afraid to reveal the truth about abortion?
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (click here
* Let’s pray for courage to communicate the ProLife message through Christ to those around us (John 14:6)…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16).
Our Prayers: Prayer to End Abortion
, chastity, our enemies, our troops, natural disasters, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, loss of loved ones, lack of faith, illnesses/injuries, Mike Castle (eye infection), Joe Levisky
(medical issues), Rob Ouellette
(St. Patrick’s prayer list), Rich Reich (Granny’s health problems), Dan Castle (for alcoholics to accept intervention), Jason Peters (health of son JP), Peace in the Middle East (Iraq, Gaza), Papa Joe Castle (bleeding in brain), Sandra Bird (medical issues)
* NEW: family of Nick Hoch who recently passed away (peace and healing), Mary Fuhrman (battling cancer)
Faith Quote: “Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being’s entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or sovereign. …You must weep that your own government, at present, seems blind to this truth.” by Mother Teresa
Through Christ Our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, thereby changing us & helping others. Wayne Watson lyrics, “When God’s people pray, there is hope reborn, there is sin forgiven, and miracles you can’t explain await!” ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead & see Him.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that takes our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, judgment, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might lie as you wish’ Blessed Mother Teresa.
* Evangelization: Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service.
Let’s joyfully live out the Good News and gladly tell others about it (Mark 16:15)!