03 Sep Luke 5:8 (filling our nets)
Posted on Thursday 03 September, 2009
Let’s welcome God this morning by reflecting on this short Living In Faith Exchange (LIFE) Group devotion (life-devotions.blogspot.com), which is based on Living Faith. All whatsoever you do in word or in work, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Col. 3:17
Depart from me, Lord…
Luke 5:8 (full readings
Living Faith snippets: “Jesus wants to work miracles for you – in your boat, where you live and work today – miracles that will help you see what he wants to do in your life, the mission he has given you.” – Sr. Kathryn James Hermes, F.S.P.
Rich’s comments: Do you leave Jesus at the doors of the church, or do you take Him with you to your home or workplace? Is Jesus truly a part of your life, or is He someone you keep hidden and only reveal when other believers are present? Simon welcomed Jesus in his home and workplace, allowing Him free reign over his life. When we allow Jesus to be Lord of our life, His power will shine through us.
Let’s invite one person each week (John 14:6
) to join our LIFE Group (>215 ProLife
* NEW: Don’t be ashamed to say the name of Jesus. His name has power.
* Let’s never forget the horrific reality of abortion (images
)…#1 cause of death in America. Let’s courageously share ProLife
Truth to create social tension for exposing abortion’s unjust peace…rebuilding a Culture of Life (Matt 5:16
) and setting the unborn free!
Those who pray together stay together. Fasting ideas in footnote below.
* Prayer to end abortion
, abused children, chastity, peace, our enemies, our troops, depression/ despair, prisoners, ProLife
politicians, illnesses/injuries, jobs, natural disasters, refugees, addictions, persecuted believers, Peters family (JP in hospital), Stephanie Spader
(healthy pregnancy), Adrian Hermosillo (sister Angelica battling cancer), Lisa Riess
Faith Quote: “Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.” – Mother Teresa
Through Christ our Lord,
* Prayer: Prayer connects us with God’s will & His miracles, changing us & helping others. ‘If you pray that God will move a mountain and He doesn’t, assume Christ wants you to climb it instead.’
* Fasting: Let’s fast from things that take our eyes off Jesus (selfishness, bitterness, being so critical, impatience, gossip, excessive video games, etc) and take on things that fix our eyes on Jesus (selflessness, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, patience, understanding, caring, helping, listening).
* Defend the unborn: ‘Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to death; don’t stand back and let them die’ (Prov 24:11). ‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you’ (Jer 1:5). ‘It is a great poverty that a child must die that you might live as you wish’ (Blessed Mother Teresa).
Let’s make room for unbelievers (be a friend, make a friend, lead friend to Christ) and perpetual re-evangelization of self and those near us, by way of daily prayer (relationship) and following Christ’s example of selfless love, mercy, and service (Matt 28:19